Talk

Advanced search

Shredded nerves and tenter hooks of IVF

(13 Posts)
Beany88 Wed 05-Aug-15 08:55:30

Had to vent my emotions right now as I am completely stressed out be what might or might not be happening. I had embryo transfer three weeks ago and a lot of bleeding right before the 2w preg test. The test was positive so they booked me in for a scan a week later, (which happens to be today) to see if I miscarried or if everything is ok. I've held it together and have tried to be positive. Only I've started bleeding again this morning. I feel so completely stressed out, emotions up and down and surrounded by pregnant women! I feel so anxious I could be misscarrying and they won't be able to say for sure and I'm going on holiday tomorrow so won't be able to have a follow up appointment for a couple of weeks.

StitchingMoss Wed 05-Aug-15 08:57:26

Oh Beany, I really feel for you - I remember it all so well. I was you nearly 8 years ago.

Bleeding doesn't necessarily mean a m/c so I will keep everything crossed for you x

bessie84 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:18:28

oh hunny, sending huge hugs. really hope todays scan goes ok and you get - to have a happy holiday - update us. fingers crossed for you x

Beany88 Thu 06-Aug-15 06:19:59

Thanks Bessie and Stitching Moss. Scan showed two little sacs so just have to hope and pray they make it. I have to say the doctor I saw wasn't particularly compassionate and I felt I was being lectured for being worried about it. Going on holiday today so hoping to relax although the doctor said I shouldn't in case something happens. I have of course been asking the clinic for months if our holiday would be alright. Thank you for your lovely kindness xx

resipsa Thu 06-Aug-15 12:34:14

Oh God, poor you. I was where you are in December. Bled. Had a sac. Heartbeat seen. Told not to worry (!). Much bigger bleed with clots like my m/cs. Convinced it was all over. Another big bleed. Definitely over. Three days later was feeling very unwell so thought might have retained tissue. Went for scan. Still pregnant. Daughter is now 8 days old. Stay positive and enjoy your holiday!

BlueKarou Thu 06-Aug-15 12:48:10

Oh gawd, it never ends. I had IVF earlier this year. Got my BFP and did nothing but worry until the early scan at 8 weeks. I've not had any bleeding, but I've also not had any morning sickness. It's my 12 week scan this afternoon and I'm terrified they'll find a MMC. Stupidly I've invited my mum and sister along (because I don't want them at the 20 week scan just in case they find the sex; I want to keep that bit of knowledge all to myself) which is sending my anxiety sky rocketing.

I think all pregnant women worry, especially if there's something really scary like bleeding; we IVF women just often have a longer window of worrying as we have all the procedures and drugs and everything before we get our BFPs.

Have a lovely holiday, and I'm sorry your doctor wasn't blessed with a good bedside manner. Hopefully your two little sacs will stay strong and in 9 months you'll be welcoming your babies into the world and starting a time of sleepless nights and unconditional (well, mostly) love.

enocar Thu 06-Aug-15 19:19:47

Hey Beany88 smile My sister in law experienced bleeding during her beginning of her pregnancy, she is now 8 months gone and has a healthy baby bump. Sending you lots of positive thoughts xxx

StitchingMoss Thu 06-Aug-15 21:36:12

Hope you manage to relax a little on holiday, although I never could so I appreciate i'm asking for the moon on a stick blush.

Beany88 Fri 07-Aug-15 19:27:36

Thank you all for your lovely kindness. Bleeding has stopped and another scan booked in for weeks time which is the day we come back. Trying to relax. Have very stressful job to think it is better for me to be on leave whatever the silly doctor says. Xx

StitchingMoss Fri 07-Aug-15 20:14:31

That's good news Beany - keeping everything crossed x

Chattycat78 Mon 10-Aug-15 15:21:12

I was in the same boat last year after ivf. I had a red bleed when I was 8 weeks pregnant- it was awful and I was in the Maldives at the time so there was nothing at all I could do about it. I was convinced it was all over. However, a scan the day we returned showed it was all fine and no cause for the bleed. He is now six months old! I think some people just bleed for no apparent reason. It's horrible but seems to just happen.

Beany88 Tue 11-Aug-15 10:19:32

That gives me hope Chattycat. I started bleeding again three days ago for a couple of days. Quite badly. I'll spare you the details. I'm trying not to stress about it as realises it's out of my hands. I'm booked in for a scan next Friday right after we come back. I'm really hoping at worst I've only lost one of them and not both xx

Chattycat78 Tue 11-Aug-15 21:34:18

Hopefully Its nothing - I had a few bits during the whole pregnancy and each time I was told that it's common and no cause was ever found for it. That doesn't help the worry though - I had about a million scans when I waa pregnant as I was so paranoid! If the latest scan showed all was ok, chances are everything is still ok. Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now