Talk

Advanced search

Why do parents talk about their Flipping babies so much?!!!!

(3 Posts)
lugo40 Fri 31-Jul-15 23:52:11

Sorry for the totally negative and irrational post but been at a wedding today and on our table we had 4 couples who literally just talked about their bloody kids all day!! Do I care that they sleep well?! Blooming hard today. Excluded from so many parent conversations and asked if we have children by so many people.

Moan over x

ouryve Sat 01-Aug-15 00:03:15

Just remember that not every parent had an easy time of conceiving and having their own babies - and that sleep deprivation really does suck more than you ever could predict, no matter how you long for the cause of it.flowers

Chattycat78 Sat 01-Aug-15 07:26:05

I've been on both sides of this- we had a hard time conceiving our ds- had a mc, fertility issues and finally ivf. During all this I hated all the baby talk from others and found it very painful. However, now we finally have our 6 month old ds and, not that I do nothing but talk about him, but I can understand now why it becomes all consuming. Sleep deprivation really affects you and u suppose you feelike there is nothing else going in in your life. It's not fair to expect other people to listen to it though and of course it's horribke if you are ttc or having issues ttc because u feel like your nose is being rubbed in it- especially if you're trying to enjoy yourself and forget about it at a wedding! People who have had no problems won't understand this and will probably go on about babieswithout realising how painful it can be to listen to for others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now