Talk

Advanced search

First ever appointment..

(4 Posts)
Shorty2014 Wed 29-Jul-15 20:58:16

So I have been referred to the gyno. My appointment is next week.. Just wondering what to expect?

Is it all questions? Or tests too?
Is there anything I should be asking?

I was referred last year but cancelled the week before due to finding out I was pregnant but unfortunately ended in a miscarriage.

So just looking for some advice smile

Thanks x

PettsWoodParadise Thu 30-Jul-15 12:39:47

They'll be lovely. They will want to know dates of periods, personal questions (obviously...) and first stage is normally blood tests to gauge hormone levels. Your DP will be quizzed too. Unless they've already pre-warned you they probably won't ask him to provide a sample as from my experience they seem to rule out things in the women's first even though finding out for men is quite simple, but each place will be slightly different. If you give them a call and ask saying you want to make sure you have all the info to hand and are prepared then they will most likely let you know. Good luck. For me it turned out a combination of only ovulating every few months despite regular periods and DH's slow 'little men' made conception very remote. I got given a drug called Clomid to help me ovulate and it was a success and not as invasive as I had feared.

Shorty2014 Thu 30-Jul-15 19:33:09

Thank you for your reply smile very useful information.

We're hoping he doesn't need to do a sample as he did one last year. I think the letter said about having scans etc too! Possibly because I did a blood test a few months ago which showed I wasn't ovulating. My cycles have gone so crazy over the past few years.

Just finding it heart breaking at the moment seeing lots of friends happily pregnant and we've been really struggling �� sorry to rant.

I am hoping we will get some answers soon smile

Glad the Clomid worked for you .. Does it mean you are pregnant or already have your little one? Xx

PettsWoodParadise Thu 30-Jul-15 20:04:41

Little one is now ten, so my information is not very current! I conceived on the third and final cycle of Clomid after telling DH he couldn't go on a road trip as it was baby making time. I then went on to conceive naturally after that twice but couldn't keep them. So we are happy with the one. Good luck to you. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now