Talk

Advanced search

Is there a PCOS thread?

(3 Posts)
ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Sat 25-Jul-15 20:57:44

Seeking some advice. Apologies if this is the wrong place.

I'm trying to find out if your age when TTC with PCOS is relevant? I imagine it is, but does anyone know if this has been proven?

I don't want to drip feed or mislead, so....

I have PCOS myself, but was diagnosed after I'd had DC1, and went onto have 3 more DCs without difficulty. I was in my very early 20s when I had DC1.

My question is really for my DDs. I have 3 DDs, and I am convinced 2 of them will have PCOS when they are older. (They are the image of me, same colouring, build etc. The other one is nothing like me, so no worried there wink.)

Neither are currently trying to conceive - one is a young adult, the other is still at primary school. But I don't want them to get to their mid 30s and struggle. I would like to for-warn them at age appropriate times, but don't even know if there is any medical knowledge backing this up.

I'm wondering if conceiving at an early age sort of safe guarded my fertility before the PCOS took hold, iyswim, and that was why I was able to get pregnant with DC4 at 35 - an age when I know many have problems. Or is it just luck?

Sorry to post here, I don't mean to be insensitive, but I think this is probably where fertility experts hang out, if there are any on mn.

TIA

bananafish81 Sun 26-Jul-15 16:23:08

Hi arsenals. I'm ttc with pcos and am on a wonderful thread in conception called ttc with pcos. We'd love to have you! X

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Sun 26-Jul-15 22:21:39

Thanks bananaish81.

Didn't know about that one. If you're sure that it'd be OK, even if I'm not TTC, I'll have a look. smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now