Talk

Advanced search

Husband thinks that herbal tobacco is okay to pass ivf smoking test :/

(6 Posts)
enocar Tue 21-Jul-15 22:54:33

As I previously said in my last post, we are due to go for our ivf consultation in 2 weeks, obviously being nhs, they insist on us being non smoking, I have quit because I want the ivf to work more than I want a cigarette, and my husband said he would cut down and then quit. Now he is saying he is going to use a herbal mixture (it's tobacco and nicotine free called honeyrose) instead of quitting sad Has anyone used this? And will he pass the smoking test if we have it? Please help sad

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 22-Jul-15 17:32:45

has he quit?

they will do a test where you breath into a machine

The numbers on the CO machine are usually rated as follows ...
0-6 non-smoker
7-10 light smoker
11-20 regular smoker
20+ heavy smoker

PosterEh Wed 22-Jul-15 17:36:14

It's not the nicotine level they are testing so I doubt swapping to herbal will make a difference.

birchygoo Wed 22-Jul-15 19:37:18

I doubt it as machine measures Carbon dioxide vs oxygen. Carbon dioxide rises when you smoke tobacco not nicotine

AnaisB Wed 22-Jul-15 19:46:30

Herbal cigarettes (any plant-based substance that is burned) produce carbon monoxide. This is what the machine will measure, so they may well affect the result.

enocar Wed 22-Jul-15 23:06:27

He says he had his last fag earlier smile Got given a large pouch of baccy given to him today and gave it away to a friend, I'm so proud of him smile I'm really hoping he has given it enough time for a pass on the machine (2 weeks to go) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now