Talk

Advanced search

Private icsi; when shall I book the first appointment?

(5 Posts)
lugo40 Tue 21-Jul-15 07:33:08

Hi all,

We're in the situation where husband has very low motility, so far I am ok. Had a large polyp removed but now all seems fine. I am overweight so following slimming world to get my BMi down before we start treatment. We're keen to initially pay for natural icsi at create as if we can do it without the drugs I would prefer it. I just don't know how long it takes when you go private? I think I will be at the right weight by march, should I book first appointment in march or much earlier so we can start in march?

Thanks

sammylou1 Tue 21-Jul-15 11:00:35

Hi lugo - in my experience the whole process has been very quick privately. However there are certain blood tests you need and timing is everything so if you think you'll be easy for March then is book your appointment for mud to late January smile
Good luck Xx

Shoegal30 Wed 22-Jul-15 18:32:04

We had ICSI privately this year at end of march/beginning of April and had our first appointment in Jan so would get an appointment then if poss as enough time for tests and for the to monitor your cycle if needs be.

Chippedrippedandstinking Wed 22-Jul-15 18:36:17

How old are you?

Fwiw it's an nhs barrier to treatment not a private one, and if your issue is sorted and your partner has crap motility then your BMI is not likely to be an issue, so just book the appointment.

I had ICSI twice and despite being clearly overweight was never even weighed.

lugo40 Thu 23-Jul-15 16:40:18

I am 31 at the moment. thank you for your replies, an appointment in january seems much sooner than march so thats a good thing to aim for. I have seen that some private clinics dont set a bmi limit ; i sort of feel like if we are paying a lot of money for it i want it to have best chance of working so loosing some weight is a good idea - my bmi is over 40 at the moment. Although, good to know if i cant get it down to 29 its not a deal breaker. I think i would be happy with below 35.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now