Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

IVF the dreaded wait torture

(8 Posts)
mrswelshy Mon 20-Jul-15 17:48:38

Hi

I'm just after abit of advice/support. Currently waiting to see if second cycle of IVF has worked and feel so low and upset. My history I had a natural pregnancy at 39 but had a silent miscarriage at 11 weeks. Unexplained infertility as been TTC ever since. We privately fund as DH has 2 kids from previous marriage. We've decided both financially and emotionally this is our last shot. Our lives have been on hold the last year saving. I'm just so completely consumed by it all its all I can think about. I'm really struggling in work. I had abit of brown blood on applicator you use for the ultrogestan and freaked out I'm convinced now it hasn't worked. We had 3 grade 2 embryos transferred and I don't do my pregnancy test until the 27th

Anyone else in a similar position or had blood than BFP?

BuffyTy Wed 22-Jul-15 20:49:30

Tales of my experience won't help you but I was moved just to let you know that you're not on your own. This whole journey is a difficult one with ups and downs. I'm thinking of you and gave everything crossed!

mrswelshy Thu 23-Jul-15 16:57:04

thanks Buffyty just keeping my fingers crossed for Monday

Beany88 Thu 23-Jul-15 18:10:54

Hey welshy. I'm also going through the 2ww now and will test on the 29th. I've been having terrible cramps for the past few days and am convinced it hasn't worked but haven't had my period yet. It it's torture. Fingers crossed for you on Monday. Let us know how you get on. X

mrswelshy Fri 24-Jul-15 08:35:47

Thanks Beany88 my period hasn't arrived yet. But a few cramps and terrible headache. Sometimes some brown blood when insert applicator so I don't know what to think. I'll let you know know I get. On. Fingers crossed for us both xx

Woody1980 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:26:37

2ww is killing me!! Has transfer day 5 that was 4 days ago and I have NO symptoms at all. Everything I read says that you should have implementation pain etc but I feel nothing at all...... Does this mean its not worked??? Help!!!

Beany88 Wed 29-Jul-15 20:17:42

It's torture. I've had cramps and bleeding on Monday night but test day was today and it is positive! No idea if misscarrying or not so very confused. Had blood tests taken to measure HSG which will be done again to see if levels going up or down. Fingers crossed going up. X

tammytwigg Wed 29-Jul-15 20:25:13

Good luck mrswelshy don't worry about the brown blood I had that with both of my ivf cycles ,they both were positive ,16 &. 11 now and the second was frozen from the first cycle ,I remember agonising over every symptom ,it's hard not too ,I was told its a good sign x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now