Talk

Advanced search

natural bfp after failed ivf cycle - risky?

(3 Posts)
hawaiibaby Sat 18-Jul-15 08:55:55

Our cycle of IVF failed recently - got a BFN mid May and my bleed 2 days after. I then had another AF 28 days later, mid June. We then started TTC just in case - despite having MF infertility and me only having one tube due to an ectopic. And yesterday... we got a bfp, I think I am just over 4 weeks.

Of course we are so happy and grateful, but I have woken up worried about how recently we had our treatment and if this could affect things? For example, do I have enough progesterone after DR stripped my natural hormones etc? (I stopped taking progesterone once I got the bfn after ivf).

I have 7 progesterone pessaries left and am a little tempted to take them but am worried about interfering with nature. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience about how long it takes for your body / hormones to return to normal following a failed cycle? I'm just so scared of losing this chance at a miracle.

Thanks so much.

BadgerFace Sat 18-Jul-15 22:27:04

I had a natural pregnancy in April after a failed FET which was a March bleed so no cycles in between. I asked my clinic if I could/should take the progesterone I had left over and the nurse said it wouldn't do any harm if I wanted to but wouldn't most likely make much difference if I did.

I didn't bother in the end and all was fine. Am currently 15 weeks.

Good luck! It's an amazing thing to have happened for you.

BadgerFace Sat 18-Jul-15 22:40:21

Just to add could you ring your clinic to discuss with them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now