Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hhhhhhh Tue 07-Jul-15 16:36:52

InHidingToday Tue 07-Jul-15 16:42:43

InHidingToday Tue 07-Jul-15 17:07:02

LittleTalks Wed 08-Jul-15 07:59:17

I might have been lucky but had EC on a Friday and ET the following Thursday so only needed 2 days off. I guess it depends how heavy your rota is, but can you swap out of on calls for the period covering that 2 weeks. For the 2 days off our hospitals policy was "it's at the discretion of your line manager". My old school surgeon boss was so embarrassed when I asked him he just said I could take it as "informal leave" and not tell HR! My treating hospital were great and arranged all my scans at the end of the day. Have you checked whether HR have an official policy?

Inhidingtoday Wed 08-Jul-15 08:10:28

LittleTalks Wed 08-Jul-15 08:31:43

It's so tough when you're switching rotations all the time to do any kind of planning isn't it? We're about to start another round and I'm dreading having to sit down with my supervisor and explain it all again! It's just one of the many shit things about being infertile - no one else has to tell the boss about their conception plans.

Inhidingtoday Wed 08-Jul-15 08:38:44

Tryingno1 Wed 08-Jul-15 10:17:28

I did.
A lot of trusts have an ivf policy so you can ask hr-they allow time off for transfer/collection etc.my trust had a written policy.

Ask bma on ur rights on it incase they get shirty which medics sometimes do with Rotas.

Also yes, getting scans early and late in day.

I would take time off for egg collection plus 1/2 days after and the day off for transfer as a minimum.if you have to call in sick, then you have to?
Good luck!

LittleTalks Wed 08-Jul-15 11:02:22

Oh yes - calling in sick: after ET you are classed as pregnant until OTD. Legally any sick days you take from ET onwards are classed as pregnancy related and therefore can't ever be held against you in appraisals etc.

welshweasel Wed 08-Jul-15 12:41:11

I was on nights for most of my scans so just went straight from work. I called in sick for 2 days (ec and the following day), I actually told the rota coordinator the truth but asked her to keep it to herself. For et, I said I had a bank appointment and literally nipped out, had transfer and came straight back to work. I'm now 6 weeks pregnant, trying to hide my horrendous nausea and worrying about starting my new job in august, it never ends! Personally I wouldn't tell work and just try to fit stuff around your shifts, and a bout of d&v will always get you 2 days off if you need it. Good luck!

Inhidingtoday Wed 08-Jul-15 23:20:34

Inhidingtoday Wed 08-Jul-15 23:21:40

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now