Talk

Advanced search

Using donor eggs when already have one child

(1 Post)
JuliaV1971 Mon 29-Jun-15 13:15:17

Hi I'd be interested to hear from anyone who had used donor eggs having already had one child. Im 44 had an ectopic pregnancy in April after a year of IVF, was our last embryo. We did do "one final" IVF cycle aftwards just to put our minds to rest even though I think we both knew it probably wouldn't work. BFN two weeks ago and we are now considering donor eggs. We already have a son, born exactly two years ago, when I was 42. He was a one hit wonder, now we realise a miracle, first time we tried after two long years of caring for my mum who had leukaemia. My partner and I met just before she was diagnosed. Anyway, would love to hear from anyone who's been in a similar situation. I so want to expand our family, it's not necessarily about me being pregnant again. I would adopt if we could but I'm sure it's not possible at our ages (44 and 47) added to the fact that we currently live in Australia but are planning to move back to the UK in the new year. I think you have to have been resident for 7 years before adoption, so time isn't on our side at all. I suppose I'm worrying about whether I would favour our son over a donor egg conceived baby. I'd hate to think I would but it really scares me. Anyone been through it and can give advice? Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now