Talk

Advanced search

Pcos and inofolic

(14 Posts)
Cherry321 Sun 28-Jun-15 20:29:51

Anyone tried inofolic? Its supposed to help people with pcos ovulate and ultimately get pregant. Just sounds a bit too goo to be true and its quite pricey. Thanks for your help. smile

GreenEggs8Ham Mon 20-Jul-15 13:34:43

Hey there. I'm on it right now - recommended by consultant at fertility clinic. I was pretty shocked at cost (£198 for 6 month supply inofolic.org.uk/shop/) but when compared to cost of IVF I just thought I'd go for it. I've been on it since May, on top of Metformin. Have had AF every month, and have noticed increase in PMT (though could be a number of factors). Haven't noticed significant weight loss, but do feel less lethargic. Will post again if I get BFP.

Findingseashells Mon 20-Jul-15 21:54:43

Hello. I've been taking it about 8 months but can't tell if it's restored my absent cycle as have had IVF in the middle following 6 months of Clomid. My period (AF?) didn't return after that but that could have been the IVF drugs. The doctor felt Inofolic could regulate my cycle and help my chances of success and fight PCOS (instead of metformin) but not so far so am wondering whether to invest another 200 quid into the next batch! Not noticed weight loss either although stomach maybe a bit less prone to ballooning prior to IVF so good start at least. No other noticeable changes so far really.

bananafish81 Mon 20-Jul-15 23:39:09

Hi Cherry

I don't take Inofolic but I am taking 4g Inositol plus separate folic acid, which are both equivalent to the 4g inositol + 400 micrograms of folic acid in Inofolic

I have PCOS and the plan was for me to go straight from the pill to Clomid, to use my withdrawal bleed as CD1 - because the last time I came off the pill I had one 9-month-long anovulatory cycle! I decided however to hold off on the Clomid till after the summer, and come off the pill first, to get one set of hormones out my system before chucking another hormone at it. I absolutely didn't expect anything to happen, but I was determined to try and regulate my hormones as best I could to get in shape for the Clomid

As well as the Inositol, and other various supplements, I took Soy Isoflavones on CD3-8. The theory is that they act in a similar way to Clomid - kind of like nature’s Clomid, to Inositol serving as nature’s Metformin. I was staggered when I ovulated on CD20!

I have no idea if this was in any way related to the inositol and / or soy isoflavones, but I'm going to keep taking them this month (AF arrived today) and see if I manage to lay an egg again

Cherry321 Tue 04-Aug-15 22:32:12

Thanks for the responses ladies. Im giving it a try. Fingers crossed it works for us all. Im 40 now and TTC number 2, feeling a bit old and decrepid, so hoping it will help with egg quality.

Flower89 Wed 05-Aug-15 13:15:41

Hi Cherry,
Any luck with Inofolic so far?
I have started taking it 10 days ago as tcc and my dr recommended it aboard.
I have acne pco. I do ovulate as blood test shows, but my cycles are slightly longer, 33-35 days. I am really hoping that Inofolic will help. It is totally cleared my acne during a week so I believe it is doing the job. smile

Good luck and lots of baby dust smile

Cherry321 Wed 05-Aug-15 22:36:55

Hey flower. I do feel better, but thought it was too soon for any real impact, so I was imagining it! But sounds like it can work quickly if its helped your skin. I will stick with it! Good luck smile

Flower89 Mon 28-Sep-15 20:14:35

Hi Cherry,
How are you getting on with Inofolic? Any luck so far?
Its been 2 month that I am drinking it, It sortened my cycle, it was 29 day and ovulated on cd 15 so I am really happy. I am currently on cd 3, really hoping this month. Would love to see a bfp smile ??

Cherry321 Thu 18-Aug-16 20:23:04

Hey ladies. Did anyone get any success with inofolic? Im back on it and feel better, but hoping to hear some pregnancy success stories!

Sweet211 Fri 23-Sep-16 16:18:23

Hi has anybody taken
Inofolic during pregnancy?

Garnet08 Mon 08-May-17 12:20:02

Hi all, good to know so many other ladies who have taken inofolic! I have started inofolic about a month and a half ago. I have pcos and get periods only once in 2 months. Once I started this, I had my periods in a month but only scanty bleeding, not sure what will happen the second month!

motherchuckinhen16 Mon 08-May-17 14:40:13

I started taking Inofolic in October after my pcos diagnosis, within 3 months I fell pregnant for the first ever time. I also changed my diet to gluten free and sugar free (added sugar) ate loads of superfoods and had reflexology. No other medication. This was after a 6 year struggle with infertility including ivf twice and a miscarriage.
Can't say for sure if it was the inofolic alone or diet or reflexology that helped but i would definitely recommend taking it :-)

Garnet08 Mon 08-May-17 15:11:03

Congratulation! That is so good to hear. 😊I think I will definately try going sugar free too, heard it has a lot of positive effect on pcos!

motherchuckinhen16 Mon 08-May-17 20:26:00

I was really inspired by Deliciously Ella book and reading her story about eating for health and how it changed her life. So I started eating that way with the superfood but still eating meat fish and some dairy but reducing it to 2/3 times a week. I wanted to alleviate my symptoms irregular heavy painful periods etc, it not only did that but also led to my surprise miracle natural pregnancy. I included maca which is good for balancing hormones in all my smoothie s.
I truly believe there is so much we can do to help our own bodies regarding pcos endometriosis etc, I will definitely be back on inofolic and the superfoods after the birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now