Talk

Advanced search

4 years trying and no bfp

(8 Posts)
pleaseworkthistime Sun 14-Jun-15 03:09:59

Isn't it ironic that you spend many years of your youth actively avoiding pregnancy then when you meet your soul mate, your absolute best friend, you fancy the pants off him, makes you laugh to the point of tears and you find him the most attractive man ever..but..
you can't get pregnant.

I want so much to have a baby with my dp. He would be an amazing dad.

Chattycat78 Sun 14-Jun-15 07:17:02

Yeah I hear that- I was the worlds most careful person in my twenties when it came to contraception, then it was laughable in my thirties that I needed ivf! I really wished I could go back to my twenties knowing what I knew later but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

sparksthefirst Sun 05-Jul-15 18:58:34

Yep the irony is painful isn't it? Fingers crossed for you op, and hope you are getting the help you need xx

leccybill Mon 06-Jul-15 21:18:59

It's so crap. We are 3 years ttc. 3 times round the clock, Christmases, seasons, birthdays, a million pregnancy announcements on Facebook and no baby for us. Just pity.

Bloody shite.

Happilymarried155 Tue 07-Jul-15 17:38:28

I know how you feel. Took us four years and some days I never thought it would happen and now have a beautiful son, I hope it happens for you soon xx

pleaseworkthistime Wed 12-Aug-15 23:53:02

Apologies it's been so long that I posted this thread without replying. I feel bad about that. I don't quite know why but I was scared to check in again. Thank you so much for the replies. We are now booked in for IVF. A new adventure it seems. No idea what to expect but we will see

Ipushedmygrannyaffabus Fri 14-Aug-15 03:39:51

7 years here and still we wait....and hope. But 40 is looming and our chances are going down by the day. Breaks my heart.

fhdl34 Fri 14-Aug-15 03:54:30

It took us 4 years to conceive our first, issues both sides and we were told we were highly unlikely to conceive naturally. Then suddenly we did! It really got me down, a couple of months before we did conceive I was crazily suggesting using a sperm doner or going to have sex with someone else. I was so low about it, it consumed me. It took me a long time to get used to it actually happening when I did get pregnant. We tried lots of things but I think for us the combo of DH taking vitamins for healthy sperm production and we actually timed it right for once with one of my sporadic unpredictable ovulations and our precious DD was conceived. We are currently TTC no 3, DH had continued with vitamins after first pregnancy and we conceived no 2 three months after my periods returned on the 2nd cycle we tried but he stopped then. When we decided on no 3 he started taking them again and it took us over 3 months to conceive, which is how long they take to affect sperm production so I am convinced the vitamins helped us. Unfortunately I miscarried early which was sad, but I recognise how lucky I am as 5 years ago I thought it would never happen.
Please don't give up hope, you just never know if this month is the month. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now