Talk

Advanced search

Had a HSG today

(8 Posts)
Disneybelle Mon 11-May-15 22:30:43

Just wanted to share my experience today of a hsg test. I was v nervous after reading some horror stories online and whilst it wasn't the nicest thing to do it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The first part when the speculum went in wasn't nice but no different to a smear test. The tube going in was fine it was when the dye started to go in that I started to feel cramps. As someone who doesn't have painful periods the feeling was a bit strange and got worse probably for a couple of mins. Made me want to squirm about and hold my tummy but couldn't as the x Ray machine was virtually on top of me. But it didn't last long in the grand scheme of things. Have had quite a lot of leakage and some minor cramps over the course of the day but generally felt ok. They couldn't give me the results there and then so got to wait for consultant appointment in a couple of months.

Hope this sets some people's mind at ease. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world but it was bearable for me and if it works then it will all be worth it!

AlpacaMyBags Mon 11-May-15 23:41:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Frank85 Tue 12-May-15 22:51:00

I didn't find it 2 bad either really..... Grit of the teeth and soon over! Found the strong antibiotics they give you before hand worse made me sick hmm

Disneybelle Wed 03-Jun-15 10:28:23

Hi just wanted to update on this post from a few weeks ago. I had the hsg on the 11th and had my BFP on the 26th! In theory I'm 5 wks 1 day today. Had a miscarriage last year so not getting my hopes up but this BFP is the first sniff of success since the miscarriage almost exactly a year ago so I can only presume the hsg did something!

Lovemylittlebear Wed 03-Jun-15 10:31:13

FANTASTIC news congrats and fingers crossed x

artylady14 Wed 10-Jun-15 17:40:04

I normally have a high pain threshold but I had mine today and found it so painful, especially the dye going in. I took paracetamol too before hand. I was weak and nauseous for a while after. Glad it is over quickly and that my tubes were found to be ok. I wasn't given any antibiotics though? I hope I don't have to have one of these again.

artylady14 Wed 10-Jun-15 17:41:36

P.s. Congrats Disneybelle! I wonder if it's true what I read about HSGs and people often getting pregnant right after smile

Laptopgirl Sun 14-Jun-15 05:08:34

I had one in 2010 and didn't find it too bad. Was really nervous. I fell pregnant just after and had a MC and then fell again a few months later. DC is now 3.5. I've booked another for next mth as had no luck conceiving baby number 2. So hopefully it will be bring me the same luck as the OP.

Thanks to OP for the positive posts - so easy to find the negatives online it's nice to see the positives too! Good luck with your BFP!!!! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now