Talk

Advanced search

IVF with Adenomyosis - anyone else?

(3 Posts)
CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Tue 24-Mar-15 13:42:59

DH and I have decided to go for it and have IVF this coming September, the reasons assistance is needed is that he had a vasectomy during his first marriage and, after talking to the experts, agreed that going straight to IVF rather than taking a chance on a reversal first is the best way forward.

I have a DD from my first marriage, but since then have developed adenomyosis. The consultant we saw at the clinic is aware of this and has my notes - she was pretty confident that they can treat this prior to the egg transfer (apparently they use some form of treatment recently pioneered in the US which isn't widely used over here...) and saw our case as "pretty straightforward", I'm not as convinced (although I am an eternal pessimist).

Has anyone else been through IVF with adenomyosis? Fancy sharing your experience with me?

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Tue 24-Mar-15 13:47:01

embryo transfer not egg transfer!

toffeepuddin Thu 02-Feb-17 18:04:17

hello, I'm having the same problem, been googling and your thread came up.
I'm going for a hysteroscopy to have a look at my womb but my ultrasound shows possible signs of adenmyosis. How did our ivf go? was it successful?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now