Talk

Advanced search

What do I do?

(3 Posts)
patch77 Mon 16-Feb-15 20:58:07

I'm halfway through second clomid treatment and don't know what to do. I've been quite good and not been drinking, thing is we're going out with my husbands friends next weekend. I'm not sure whether I want them knowing that were having problems getting pregnant. Do I have a couple of drinks or do I stay sober, can't test till 28 February at the earliest. What would you do?

Guin1 Tue 17-Feb-15 06:17:51

Personally, I would stay sober. Just make sure you have a 'reason' why you can't drink - you're doing the driving, you're on antibiotics, you've had painkillers for a headache/sore back etc, you're giving up alcohol for Lent, you've got to be up early next day, whatever.

5YearsTime Tue 17-Feb-15 06:22:27

What cycle day are you on? You could have a few but take it really easy. Nurse your drink and claim sore stomach?

Tbh the month clomid worked for us we we went on holiday and I did drink. Not excessively but a few a day. I was convinced cycle 3 was also going to fail at 50mg and that I was going to have to go up to 100mg the next cycle. Strangely enough..the booze stopped going down well so I stopped mid holiday thinking I had a dodgy food thing on the go. Got home and realised I was pregnant! (still struggling with sickness now with 5 weeks to go...but that's another story...)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: