Talk

Advanced search

Help! What happens if you miss a dose of menopur??

(10 Posts)
AvaMercy1 Sat 14-Feb-15 08:50:38

Hello ladies!

I could really do with some advice! I've so far taken 10 days of menopur 75iu injections. No response at first scan so was told to come back in a weeks time (this coming monday) for another scan. At that point I had just enough powder and solution to last me till this Sunday with the nurse telling me to call if anything happened to these and I needed more.

Well this Friday night my husband broke a bottle of solution which means I've only got enough meds to last me up till today and I can't call the nurse as the clinic is closed over the weekend! I am so so worried that missing the dose on Sunday will mess up my chances for the cycle!

Anyone had a similar experience with menopur or any other injectible? I'm so worried about the consequences -not to mention side effects- of missing a dose.

Persipan Sat 14-Feb-15 09:27:35

Is there an emergency number? At my clinic, for example, there's a recorded message over weekend that gives you a mobile number to call - I rather summed every clinic had something like this because sometimes people will need stuff over the weekend. Have you actually tried calling to see if there's anything like this?

AvaMercy1 Sat 14-Feb-15 10:01:06

Hi there!

Thanks for your response! Do you know I was pretty sure there wasn't but called just now to see and nope. It just asks you to leave a message and someone will get back to you between 9-4.30 mon-fri!

Persipan Sat 14-Feb-15 10:12:19

In that case, I would go to a big pharmacy and ask their advice. I haven't used menopur, but as I understand it you mix a powder (the drug) with a liquid (not the drug). A pharmacy may possibly be able to supply you with more of the solvent (which I think is glorified water, though I don't have any special knowledge!). They may not be able to help - it's a bit of a long shot - but it's worth a try.

HammerToFall Sat 14-Feb-15 10:12:50

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that ten years ago exactly the same thing happened to me, I went to draw the mixture up and there was nothing in the syringe. I rang out emergency and called in to pick some more up. There should be someone there in the lab at least checking in the embryos. Good luck!

HammerToFall Sat 14-Feb-15 10:14:50

Sorry, just realised you have rang and they said Monday to Friday. In the case definitely go to a pharmacy from memory I believe the solution is just saline so they should be able to give you some smile

AvaMercy1 Sat 14-Feb-15 10:36:19

Thanks for the advice and for responding!

Have called the hospital pharmacy and apparently the outpatient pharmacist is on the wards. My details have been taken and she will be calling me back.

I sense I'm just going to be told to wait till my appointment on Monday but we'll see...

I really hope this doesn't set the whole cycle back.

It's ridiculous that there is no number for emergencies

AvaMercy1 Sat 14-Feb-15 15:51:50

Update!

Pharmacist called back and told me I could pick up a vial of solution!

Problem solved! Thanks for taking the time ladies!

smile

Persipan Sat 14-Feb-15 16:01:04

Huzzah! Glad to hear it's all sorted.

theowlwhowasafraidofthedark Sat 14-Feb-15 16:09:29

Hurrah

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: