Talk

Advanced search

Ovoulating tests....

(13 Posts)
Paigesmummy89 Mon 09-Feb-15 10:23:30

Hi girls! Right I've been ttc by my first round of clomid.... I wasn't ovoulating today I took two test which U can see by pics.... Am I ovo.... I'm sooo confused please help... I have a full period pain like pain I the bottom of my stomach.... I have a 6 year old and I can't remember any of this... Nor can I remember having period pain after my actual period for years.... What do u all think

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 09-Feb-15 12:36:23

Please do not use OPKs when taking clomid; the clomid dose will skew the result. Its misleading at best and wrong at worse. Clomid encourages the ovaries to work harder and produce more LH; the kit will simply read that increased LH level.

Also OPKs are of no benefit if the menstrual cycle is at all irregular in nature, presumably this is why you are taking clomid.

You should be monitored whilst on clomid in any case, if the pains continue you should seek medical advice.

Inaiya89 Mon 09-Feb-15 12:45:33

Thats not true. Clomid does not interfere with your LH level. The only thing clomid does is it helps follicles mature. When a follicle reaches maturity and is about to release, there is an increase surge in LH indicating ovulation is about to take place. Please continue using opk. The only thing that will mess with an opk is a trigger shot consisting of HCG.

Inaiya89 Mon 09-Feb-15 12:46:22

And the pain is probably due to you getting ready to ovulate. I experienced pain around the time of my ovulation. My doctor told me that was a good sign.

Inaiya89 Mon 09-Feb-15 12:47:56

I wish you the best of luck. I was on clomid and am notnpregnant from it. Prolonged use might affect tour ovaries but no need to worry. Doctors know best. I used it for 4 mo ths and I am perfectly fine

Inaiya89 Mon 09-Feb-15 12:50:31

Sorry i meant i was on clomid and am not PREGNANTsmile

Inaiya89 Mon 09-Feb-15 12:51:17

Grrr i meant i was on clomid and am now PREGNANT.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 09-Feb-15 13:08:11

Inaiya

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Clomid's main job is to make the ovaries work harder. It can increase LH levels markedly so using OPKs are not advisable when on clomid. I was not suitable to take clomid because my LH levels were extremely high so it would not have helped me.

Paigesmummy89 Mon 09-Feb-15 15:37:03

Hi thanks for responses .... But disheartening knowing that I may not be ovoulating if Thease tests are not right... But my body is telling me different I think this mild pain is like a dull ach sort of perioud pain like would u out this down to ovoulating? Congrats on ur pregnacy x

Inaiya89 Mon 09-Feb-15 21:50:50

"Clomid is an oral medication that can be used to stimulate ovulation. It works by blocking estrogen receptors at the hypothalamus, which is an important "hormonal control center" for the body. When this happens, the hypothalamus is stimulated to release follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and luteinizing hormone (LH)."

That means if you already have high levels of LH then clomid will not work for you. Rather it will overstimulate your ovaries. Maybe your situation is different? My sister is a gyn and she tells all her patients to use opk. For someone who already has a high amount of LH the test is inaccurate. But these are rare instances.

It does not increase LH unless your ovaries have been stimulated and the eggs are ready to rupture.

I think your pain is of ovulation.

Inaiya89 Mon 09-Feb-15 21:53:13

The whole point of clomid IS to make the ovaries work harder so women can ovulate. It tricks the body into thinking thag there isnt enough LH so the body produces it so women can ovulate

Paigesmummy89 Mon 09-Feb-15 22:16:24

Thanks... As far as my go told me I wasnt producing enough prodestragan that's why I was given clomid, sorry I don't understand what lhbis or opk?

Smidge001 Mon 09-Feb-15 22:33:16

Lh is lutenising (sp?) hormone and is what the OPKs (ovulation predictor kits) are designed to read. If LH is high, they produce the line which says ovulation is due within the next 36 hours. However, as other posters have said, using clomid really alters your hormone levels and the OPK will often give false positive readings, suggesting you are 36hours away from ovulating for about 7 days straight! I used clomid for 3 cycles and still used the OPKs for a couple of them and can promise it just made it all very confusing. You are better off just taking the clomid and having sex every other day around your most likely fertile window. Otherwise (if you're anything like me) you may find yourself desperately requesting bedroom action twice a day thinking that's your peak, and your poor OH won't be able to keep it up at that pace for a week!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: