Talk

Advanced search

Why not me?

(5 Posts)
PalmTrees1987 Wed 04-Feb-15 17:44:34

I have been trying to conceive for over 3 years. I am not the picture of health or anything, but I'm young and no major health issues. Plus, I have PERFECT 28 days cycles, on time every time. No BFP yet. My gyno said she didn't see any major problems and just told me to stop stressing. REALLY? 3 years have gone by without me having a baby! sadsad Why!

CatnipMouse Wed 04-Feb-15 18:10:19

That does sound a bit dismissive. Have you and your partner had any tests done? Semen analysis / hormone tests / checking your tubes etc? It might not be you that has an issue, it might be him (this can be a tricky one to discuss with men of course!)

victoria401 Thu 05-Feb-15 09:21:15

You definitely need to ask for some further tests to be done hun. Day 3 and 21 bloods an ultrasound and a hsg to check your tubes if you havent already. And most definitely a semen analysis for your partner. A GP should be able to refer you for these. What tests did gynae give you if you were seeing one?

Phephenson Thu 05-Feb-15 11:25:56

I had a full breakdown in the GP surgery before I got referred, told her I had done an opk every day for three months and STILL never got a positive. I think she saw a woman on the edge and referred me. Push for bloods and then a referral - sending you a hug

Phe x

naty1 Thu 05-Feb-15 11:50:42

You really need to be referred. That is a really long time. Even with serious issues and doing icsi etc we had the baby by 3 yrs just about.
I think the recommendation is refer quickly if a serious issue is found and about 3 yrs if unexplained.
I wonder if youre being fobbed off as young- how young?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: