Talk

Advanced search

IVF...Leeds or Hull?

(6 Posts)
DevonKnows Sat 27-Dec-14 16:47:43

Hi Everyone,

First ever post on a forum so forgive any faux pas. North Yorkshire CCG are now offering 1 cycle of IVF on the NHS which myself and DH are most grateful to have been referred for. (Bit of background, 3yrs TTC, poor SA results, both tubes blocked possibly due to swollen veins...?? So was recommended IVF with ICSI but no funding avail at the time.) The GP doing our referral has asked if we have thought about which hospital we would like to use and I initially have said Leeds but looking into it Hull's stats are way better. GP thinks that they are all much of a muchness but surely we should go with Hull as their success rate is higher?
Any thoughts or experiences?

BatteryPoweredHen Sat 27-Dec-14 20:41:48

Hello Devon

I would also be inclined to go where the stats are better, but bear in mind that success rates are often skewed by the patients the individual clinic treats.

Do these hospitals breakdown their stats by age, AMH, Blast/non-blast transfer? This will give you a better idea of their success for people with your profile.

Also remember that you will be doing a lot of too-ing and fro-ing to this hospital during treatment, so one that is close to your home and easy to get to is likely to cause you less stress.

Good luck smile

ArchangelGallic Sat 27-Dec-14 20:44:32

I know of 2 people who have had successful IVF treatment at Leeds.

keeponjuggling Sun 28-Dec-14 22:36:04

Hi, I'm following your thread, we are paying for our treatment and having the same debate. So far Leeds have been awful at patient contact/relations and waiting times. But I have a feeling that would change once we were paying patients and in the actual ivf process. I think hull may have better stats because they don't accept as many patients with various conditions as Leeds. E.g AMH has to be above 3, whereas Leeds will (as far as I know) accept any AMH result. Good luck, hope you have success very soon.

DevonKnows Wed 31-Dec-14 17:37:59

Thanks for your responses.

After doing more reading and debating with DH we think that we will just be going with the clinic that is the easiest to get to. As we live pretty much the same distance from both that's still no decision made! I'll have to see which is going to be the easiest drive.

Happy New Year and good luck to all who need it smile

doobeedee Thu 01-Jan-15 07:42:35

Hull have an excellent reputation and the staff are ace! Are you in fertility friends? There's a clinic specific section on there where you can ask lots of current patients their experiences.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now