Talk

Advanced search

Egg transfer yesterday - am I allowed to bend over?

(5 Posts)
Shoegal30 Tue 23-Dec-14 11:00:41

My ET was yesterday and took it fairly easy although I did wrap some Christmas presents last night.

I am paranoid about being able to bend over? Ie open the dishwasher, oven or pick something up from the floor?

Any thoughts?

Opheliabumps Tue 23-Dec-14 11:08:45

Yes, you're fine to bend over, in fact you should try to be a bit active. I was recommended to take a short walk (15-30 minutes) each day. I know it feels scary, but staying on the sofa and not moving could be worse for you, as a good strong blood flow is important.

Good luck! I had 2 embryos transferred 6 years ago and got my bfp on Christmas Eve. They are now boisterous 5yo twins tearing round the house in pre-Christmas excitement grin

Shoegal30 Tue 23-Dec-14 11:15:50

Thanks Ophelia.

I was planning on taking it relatively easy today and tomorrow and ten being a bit more active afterwards.

I've just been getting paranoid bending and even crossing my legs - my fav sitting position.

Congrats on your twins too grin

Rumplestrumpet Tue 23-Dec-14 13:46:31

Like Ophelia I was told to keep active, and walked a lot in the days after ET. I also kept cycling (despite my MIL's vocal concerns!), and my midwives reassured me that it was safe as long as I was very careful not to fall (I only cycled on separate cycle paths away from traffic). Not saying you should take up hiking and biking, but certainly bending over and light strolls are good.

Of course if you only feel like lazing on the sofa watching Christmas telly I wouldn't feel too guilty about it either, but I don't think we need to be as cautious as we think.

Best of luck with the 2ww!

thejoysofboys Tue 23-Dec-14 13:54:29

I pretty much carried on as normal apart from no heavy lifting or hoovering. Similarly to Ophelia my little embryo is also an overexcited 5 year old.

Hope your 2WW goes quickly and everything works out for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now