Talk

Advanced search

Conceiving after unsuccessful vasectomy reversal.

(4 Posts)
SylviaPouncer Sat 20-Dec-14 12:28:31

Our GP has said the next step is extracting the sperm directly but what happens after that? My DH didn't ask any further questions it seems and my attempts at interrogating him about precisely what the doctor said have been fruitless. I've googled and searched but can't find out. Does it have to be IVF/ICSI? Or is there some kind of turkey baster action? Am completely clueless! If anyone knows anything about this, I would be ever so grateful for some advice fsmile

freelancescientist Sat 20-Dec-14 13:18:38

Hi. It would have to be ICSI with surgically retrieved sperm. Hope this helps with your research and good luck.

SylviaPouncer Sat 20-Dec-14 13:29:22

Thank you!

MudrBarbaraTausova Thu 25-Dec-14 12:06:38

Dr. Josef Stolz: In my view it’s linked to couples’ awareness of the possibilities of contraception. In Western countries vasectomy is far more widespread than here, it’s a common method. However, in comparison with the situation roughly ten years ago, when vasectomy was practically never spoken about in this country, it’s now obviously far more in the public awareness these days...
More here:
www.cmcpraha.cz/en-US/news/vasectomy-everything-you-always

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now