Talk

Advanced search

Follow-up at IVF clinic after early miscarriage after recent FET

(4 Posts)
inconceivableme Tue 16-Dec-14 23:40:03

Hi I have a follow up appt at my IVF clinic tomorrow. I did a frozen embryo cycle at the end of October which ended in miscarriage at 6 weeks. No heartbeat or sac was ever seen on a scan. I have one child from the fresh cycle that also produced the frozen embryo and have two more frozen embryos. We changed clinics due to relocation between our fresh and frozen cycles.
What questions should I ask tomorrow??! Thanks!

inconceivableme Wed 17-Dec-14 08:19:50

Bump!

BatteryPoweredHen Wed 17-Dec-14 13:04:39

Hi Inconceivableme, I hope you are well?

I don't have any experience of FET, but I would guess that implantation followed by early loss points to an issue with the embryo, rather than anything you/your clinic did or didn't do.

If I were in your position, I would be asking what grade the 3 frosties were, and what grade the one they put back this cycle was. i.e. was it the best of the bunch, or a random choice? Are they all blasts?

This would help me make the decision about whether to try another frozen cycle or do a fresh one. If the best of the available embryos didn't result in a successful pregnancy, I would question whether a different, lower grade one would.

Remind me again, how old are you, and what is your AMH? Would you be willing to try another fresh cycle or are you committed to the frosties?

Also, I would ask if PGD might be an option...I'm kicking myself for not doing that this cycle, and if I ever had another I would def do it...

naty1 Tue 23-Dec-14 21:10:05

The only things i would consider is if there are any increased mc risks. Ie i have pcos (metformin decreases risk of mc) and hypothyroidism and i have to keep my tsh under 2.5.
Now the pcos im sure would have been identified during your freah cycle.
Thyroid issues can come on after mc or childbirth.
So it might be worth getting tested before your next fet.
The most likely cause is just random genetic which could happen to anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now