Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

High dose progesterone for 3 months?

(6 Posts)
FayeFruitLoop Fri 12-Dec-14 21:49:32

Anyone else had to do this?

They found abnormal cells and thickening on an ultrasound and biopsy as I get blood in my urine. I have pcos and endemetriosis

I will be taking 40mg daily

Would like to have another child if possible once this is resolved

DRSLondon Sat 13-Dec-14 08:36:37

This is very normal. I took it and most people undergoing IVF do. It thickens the uterus lining aiding implantation. Take it! I had it for 3 months.

FayeFruitLoop Sat 13-Dec-14 10:04:53

shock Oh that's really confused me as the consultant prescribed it for me to thin down my lining and prevent me developing cancer hopefully???!

Ratracerunner Sat 13-Dec-14 10:08:54

I also had this for IVF. To be honest I'm not sure what the desired effect was meant to be (just part of the process) but if it helps, I had no side effects whatsoever, in terms of mood swings/discomfort.

FayeFruitLoop Sat 13-Dec-14 11:24:35

That's good to hear - re side effects

I initially had 10mg a day for ten days to bring on a bleed and was meant to do that every 3 months to stop it building up but then after the biopsy results came back they said I needed more aggressive treatment and now it is 40mg daily for 3 months straight...

Hopefully that will resolve it and thin the lining apparently and they will scan me to check

FayeFruitLoop Sat 13-Dec-14 11:25:14

I'm not undergoing IVF...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now