Talk

Advanced search

IVF Natural Killer Cells - Anyone know a good place in the UK to be tested?

(6 Posts)
hopingformiracle1 Thu 11-Dec-14 17:08:01

Hi there, looking for a place in the UK that does NK - Natural killer Cell testing, TH1/TH2 Cytokines and immune testing for IVF. Also be interested to hear stories from anyone who has had these tests done and treatments offered to them, thanks.

firstposts Thu 11-Dec-14 17:26:36

Hello, I had testing at Argc in London, they do the Chicago tests which are circa £800. Ended up having an injection of humira to help with cytokines, then steroids throughout the Icsi cycle. It was a BFP for me, having had standard failed cycles elsewhere. It costs a fair bit, but when I had treatment they had highest success rates in uk. Best of luck x

hopingformiracle1 Thu 11-Dec-14 18:22:14

Thanks firstposts, what sort of testing did they do on you altogether, I had a look on their website and it just says pre immune testing. What does that include? Also do you know if I could just get the testing done there and maybe some treatment so that I can have the rest of the IVF close to where I live. London would be too far to travel but my IVF clinic doesn't do the killer cells testing unfortunately x

firstposts Thu 11-Dec-14 21:46:57

Hello, they call them the 'Chicago' tests which, to my knowledge test all the known nk cells. I'm afraid I don't know if they will do the tests without you being a patient but always worth an ask, they are always crazily busy but happy to help. Maybe googling 'Chicago tests' might come up with a lab willing to send them away for you? Would your current clinic be willing to 'treat' nk issues if they find them? It's a very new area and lots of clinics don't believe in them <or that was the case in 2011 when I was going through it all> hope you get the answers, you sound very determined and that's a good thing.

Dannygirl Fri 12-Dec-14 20:16:18

Hi there - yes me too. Pretty much exactly the same story as firstposts! I do know people who have had part of their treatment at ARGC and part else where, but as first says the question is whether your local clinic would know how to treat immune issues and continue to monitor you through your cycle and (hopefully) early pregnancy, which is what ARGC do. If you have had multiple failed cycles or multiple miscarriages I would strongly recommend you have the tests done, and discuss logistical options if they find something. As first says there are a few clinics in London who have this expertise but not many. All the very very best of luck x

SilverStars Fri 19-Dec-14 22:57:01

Care clinics do them - Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now