Talk

Advanced search

Egg Retrieval done this morning - 2 eggs retrieved

(13 Posts)
hopingformiracle1 Wed 03-Dec-14 15:02:30

I had my egg retrieval done this morning which turned out to be ok and I was awake throughout the entire procedure. Out of the 3 follicles I had, they retrieved 2 eggs. My husband gave his sample and they said that was fine and no need for ICSI. The nurses said they will phone me tomorrow morning to let me know if they fertilised or not. I will be on tender hooks from now until then, wish me luck.

firstposts Wed 03-Dec-14 15:08:43

Wishing you luck smile I've been where you are, my second cycle was 3 eggs but still got 1 embryo to transfer. The waiting is horrid. Fingers crossed for you x

hopingformiracle1 Wed 03-Dec-14 15:13:42

Thanks firstposts, I just want the hours to fly by now so it will be tomorrow. I hate the waiting and not knowing. I will be praying so much tonight they fertilise and even if its just one of them, better than none. I will update you tomorrow when I know more.

firstposts Wed 03-Dec-14 15:17:25

I know, it's being so powerless isn't it! But the sun will set, the sun will rise and you'll know. One is all it takes.

OldLadyWhoLivesInAShoe Wed 03-Dec-14 15:23:25

I was in your shoes and had to be scanned in theatre to check the three follicles hadn't disappeared. Two eggs and now pregnant with twins, didn't expect that as a poor responder. But then at my scan the lovely sonographer said its quality that matters!

hopingformiracle1 Wed 03-Dec-14 15:32:59

Thanks OldLadyWhoLivesInAShoe and Firstposts. That is great news about the pregnancy with twins and just Two eggs. I never had a scan, just went straight in for egg retrival. The nurses and doctor was fantastic, they had 60s rock music playing for me in the background. They were talking and laughing with me during the procedure and it was over and done with before I knew it. When the doctor said after it was finished, we got 2 eggs, I was wondering what happened to my number 3 follicle, where that egg went or if there was just an empy follicle. I am grateful to get 2, better than nothing. I just hate the waiting around though, but least tomorrow I will know either way.

bessie84 Wed 03-Dec-14 16:42:11

been thinking of you hopingformiracle1 - keep us posted with news x

hopingformiracle1 Thu 04-Dec-14 14:11:41

Aww, thanks Bessie, 2 eggs retrieved and just 1 fertilised. I have my egg transfer tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed, this little embryo keeps strong. Will update you when I know more xx

bessie84 Thu 04-Dec-14 14:20:24

best of luck hunny xxx

firstposts Thu 04-Dec-14 15:15:33

Good luck! Lots and rest and relaxation for next two weeks x

hopingformiracle1 Sun 07-Dec-14 08:46:35

Aww, thanks firstposts. I am resting up and trying to take it easy. I have come down with a bit of a chest infection and cough. Its not too bad but now is not the right time to be having that. I am also feeling tired and a bit achy at the moment. I am still remaining positive about it all and hoping the embryo will implant. The days seem to drag so slowly thought and I still have another 11 days to wait.

firstposts Sun 07-Dec-14 14:48:24

The dreaded 2 week wait, it passes so slowly, and for me it was the hardest part of the whole process. Remember, it will be alright in the end. And if its not alright it's not the end.

Bessiebigpants Sun 07-Dec-14 15:01:46

Bless you, it's a horrible business that wait,sonographer is right its all about the quality.I cheated on my 2ww and poas at ten days.I could nt help myself,It was positive.My twins are nearly eleven.I had a fairly poor collection myself 6 eggs from twenty four follicles 2 fertilised and that's all it took to get my girls xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now