Talk

Advanced search

blocked fallopian tube what happens next?

(3 Posts)
CakeInMyFace Tue 02-Dec-14 21:17:19

Just had an HSG today after 2 years ttc number 2 and result is one fully blocked tube and the other showed dye moving v slowly. Have been really upset as just wasnt really expecting it.

Has anyone else had this? What are the next steps usually in terms of treatments? 3 weeks until our follow up...could really use some advice on what to expect and potentially what to push for treatments wise?

piemashandliquer Tue 02-Dec-14 21:29:53

Hello, sorry to hear your news, I had the same - one totally blocked, the other probably. It is devastating news, I'm so sorry for you. I didn't have any children and I was 39. I was advised to go straight for IVF, which I did and I nowhave a beautiful DD for which I am eternally grateful. Would have loved another but sadly it was not to be.

I'm sorry I don't know if there are other options, perhaps ring and speak to your consultant? 3 weeks seems an agonising wait.

Good luck and hope you find the right treatment flowers

threepiecesuite Sat 06-Dec-14 23:55:40

I have one blocked tube, the other clear. It was a shock when I found out.

At my follow up, it was a simple 'wait and see' or private ivf referral. We are waiting a bit longer as can only fund one go and don't feel ready yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now