Talk

Advanced search

Egg retrieval booked for this Wednesday

(4 Posts)
hopingformiracle1 Mon 01-Dec-14 13:02:05

I had my scan this morning and my 3 follicles are 21, 21 and 14 and the head nurse says I am ready for my trigger shot tonight. My egg retrieval is this Wednesday morning and I am feeling both excited and a bit worried. I hope and pray everything goes ok with the procedure but the main worry is that I hope they find some eggs in my 3 follicles. The nurse said sometimes follicles don't contain eggs, that's got me a bit worried now. I really hope all goes well with this.

Rumplestrumpet Wed 03-Dec-14 13:53:22

Thinking of you today miracle, hope all goes well and you have 3 fabulous little eggs.

hopingformiracle1 Wed 03-Dec-14 14:51:47

Thanks Rumples, I have just come home from Egg Retrieval and they managed to retrieve 2 eggs from 3 follicles. My husband gave his sample which they said was totally fine and we wont need to use ICSI for the fertilisation. I am hoping and praying now that these 2 little eggs fertilise and I have some good news tomorrow. They will call tomorrow morning with the news. Finger crossed, I will be on pins from now until tomorrow waiting.

hopingformiracle1 Wed 03-Dec-14 14:53:45

Also, the egg retrieval itself went very well, I felt a little scared when I first walked in to the room but the procedure was over and done with before I knew it and the nurse brought me a nice cup of coffee in and chocolate biscuits after it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now