Talk

Advanced search

Positive OPK (no O for 15 yrs) but scared we should have BD'd sooner!

(2 Posts)
agoddard88 Thu 27-Nov-14 12:53:59

hi everyone, my husband and I have been ttc for 1.5 yrs now, however I have no cycle and havent O'd in 14 yrs. I am on my first month of 100mg clomid, and I wasnt expecting it to work...but yesturday I have lots of CM, and today my OPK was borderline positive (the lines were the same darkness). However, we havent BD'd for 3-4 days as my husband has been away!!! he is back tonight but im scared its too late. IS IT???? aaargh, feel really hopeful but don't want to get too excited. I have a second follicle tracking scan tomorrow AM, the first one showed one follicle maturing, 17mm at CD13. today is CD17.

Can anyone share advice/likelihood I have O'd, experience?....shock

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 27-Nov-14 14:41:05

Do you have a diagnosis?.

Hopefully the clomid is working for you; its main job is to make the ovaries work harder.

Using OPKs when taking clomid is not a good idea at all as clomid can increase hormone levels markedly. These kits measure LH and the kit may well be just reading this increased hormone level instead. I would not rely on an OPK at all.

It will likely make no difference to any overall outcome that your H has been away for these few days tbh. If you both want sex tonight then go for it!.

I wish you the best of luck with your second tracking scan tomorrow; the optimal size for such follicles I think is about 20mm.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: