Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Positive OPK (no O for 15 yrs) but scared we should have BD'd sooner!

(2 Posts)
agoddard88 Thu 27-Nov-14 12:53:59

hi everyone, my husband and I have been ttc for 1.5 yrs now, however I have no cycle and havent O'd in 14 yrs. I am on my first month of 100mg clomid, and I wasnt expecting it to work...but yesturday I have lots of CM, and today my OPK was borderline positive (the lines were the same darkness). However, we havent BD'd for 3-4 days as my husband has been away!!! he is back tonight but im scared its too late. IS IT???? aaargh, feel really hopeful but don't want to get too excited. I have a second follicle tracking scan tomorrow AM, the first one showed one follicle maturing, 17mm at CD13. today is CD17.

Can anyone share advice/likelihood I have O'd, experience?....shock

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 27-Nov-14 14:41:05

Do you have a diagnosis?.

Hopefully the clomid is working for you; its main job is to make the ovaries work harder.

Using OPKs when taking clomid is not a good idea at all as clomid can increase hormone levels markedly. These kits measure LH and the kit may well be just reading this increased hormone level instead. I would not rely on an OPK at all.

It will likely make no difference to any overall outcome that your H has been away for these few days tbh. If you both want sex tonight then go for it!.

I wish you the best of luck with your second tracking scan tomorrow; the optimal size for such follicles I think is about 20mm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now