Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please advise: 10dp5dt negative FRER but positive clear blue

(23 Posts)
Tryingandimpatient Thu 27-Nov-14 12:18:01

Please can anyone offer advice??
I am currently 10dp5dt of a frozen high grade blastocyst. I started POAS from 6dp5dt transfer using FRER each time - all of them have been BFN. I accepted attempt had failed after 9dp5dt BFN and decided not to waste any more money on FRER tests. I had an old clear blue from last attempt in Aug so used that this morn and got a faint BFP however I then shot out and bought a FRER and it's still negative!!
Now I do not know what to think?! FRER is supposed to be much more accurate but I can clearly see the blue line in the clearblue .... Could it be a false positive??

Thanks guys

Trying xxx

naty1 Thu 27-Nov-14 15:30:07

I dont know frer are supposed to be more accurate.
I had a pos 14dpo with frer. (Wee was v concentrated)
But with dd my frer line 15dpo was very faint almost not there.
But sounds like same day frer was second urine ??
Youll have to try another frer tomorrow morning.

NewEraNewMindset Thu 27-Nov-14 15:38:37

I was going to ask the same, did you use the sane urine for both tests?

MewlingQuim Thu 27-Nov-14 15:44:01

A false positive test is extremely unlikely.

Congratulations!

Tryingandimpatient Thu 27-Nov-14 17:52:34

Thank you for replying girls!!

The FRER was a later urine but I did hold for 3 hours to give it a chance to pick it up.... Soo confused now

Expected FRER to pick it up earlier than clear blue as more sensitive ... Really worried it's a false positive x

Tryingandimpatient Thu 27-Nov-14 17:58:47

Is it even possible to get a false positive?? I thought hcg had to be present and therefore a positive was a positive xx

NewEraNewMindset Thu 27-Nov-14 19:08:56

It is possible to get evaporation lines on tests and ClearBlue plus does seem to have a reputation online for evaps BUT I used ClearBlue Plus on my non-sticky pregnancy in January and it was a faint positive and i was most definitely pregnant!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow xx

Tryingandimpatient Thu 27-Nov-14 19:18:57

Thank you.... Can evap lines have colour in them?? xx

NewEraNewMindset Thu 27-Nov-14 19:29:44

The reason they talk about blue line tests being bad for evaps is because an evap line is grey and obviously blue is close to grey. So generally people advise using pink dye tests as they don't give evaps.

I would be totally amazed if you don't get a BFP tomorrow with FMU.

NewEraNewMindset Thu 27-Nov-14 19:30:49

BTW I would totally be taking that FRER apart and shining a light on it from behind and seeing if you can see the faintest of lines on it.

ShowMeTheWonder Thu 27-Nov-14 19:34:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Showy Thu 27-Nov-14 19:41:39

The only tests which seem to be linked to false positives are the +/- ones. They are notoriously problematic. Poas.com devotes a page to their unreliability. Not saying it isn't + but I'd test in the morning with a diiferent test.

Good luck.

Deux Thu 27-Nov-14 19:43:16

I'm sure I can see a faint pink line on FRER too when I zoom in. I think the line on your clear blue is too dark to be an evap line?

I wish you good luck and everything is crossed for a strong line next time.

Tryingandimpatient Thu 27-Nov-14 21:04:36

Thanks so much for all the encouragement .... The 2ww is so stressful without having mixed results too!

I did take it apart and hold it to the window etc lol but sadly I couldn't even see a squinty positive on the FRER the cb is quite dark positive.

To confuse things further did a digi this eve and it was neg ...: but I heard they are less sensitive?

Head all I've ether place now lol xx

NewEraNewMindset Thu 27-Nov-14 21:29:37

The standard digi is definitely less sensitive, the one with conception indicator is pretty sensitive. Oh god you are going to have such a difficult sleep tonight!! Really, really hope you get a good result in the morning.

Deux Thu 27-Nov-14 21:54:04

When you do your tests tomorrow, pee into a cup and set to one side. You can then use the same wee with different tests.

I'm an IVF veteran btw but last cycle was 6 years ago. I remember all too well stressing over hpts. I used those cheap dippy sticks ..... And all other brands too.

Good luck.

Tryingandimpatient Thu 27-Nov-14 23:07:50

Yep as expected can't sleep lol!! I'll update in the morn at next test

Fingers, toes and eyes firmly crossed
Xx

Tryingandimpatient Fri 28-Nov-14 07:38:45

Morning girls,

Tested again this morn with both cb and free and unfortunately both are negative..... So much for a lines a line hey?!

Back to the drawing board I guess

Thanks for all the support though

Tara xx

NewEraNewMindset Fri 28-Nov-14 09:21:04

Oh Tara I am so sorry sad. I can't believe that ClearBlue test was a total red herring! You must be devastated and having just tested negative myself after 18 months trying and 2 miscarriages to show for it, I think I can safely say I share your pain.

TTC is one of the most difficult things to do when cycle after cycle brings a negative test.

Deux Fri 28-Nov-14 09:55:30

Oh dear, what a shame.

It's a hideous, hideous process and you must feel a bit battered by it all.

I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out this time.

allchatnicknamesgone Fri 28-Nov-14 19:34:48

I'm really sorry you didn't get a positive. I can't believe that you had one with CB. Like other posters I always believed you couldn't get a false positive. sorry flowers

Tryingandimpatient Fri 28-Nov-14 22:38:08

Thanks guys .... It's been a tough year had two fresh cycles one cancelled half way through cycle and then this frozen cycle .... 2 Nd fresh resulted in pregnancy but I had a missed miscarriage and needed d and c ��

Still staying positive mind .... I'd much rather a negative from the start than what I went through last time!!! So can rationalise that this is better (granted I could have done without the false positive ��)

Now running seriously out of cash so researching clinics abroad as sooooo much cheaper and high success rates (looking at n Cyprus, Poland and Russia)

Does anyone have any experience or know of anyone who has done it and what sort of experience they had??

Thanks

Tara xx

dildoos Sat 29-Nov-14 07:08:30

Sorry to see your history and the stupid duff test! I think you should send off for your money back on all due to this! ( must be my anger coming out for you.)

I haven't been abroad however my friends brother and wife have had one in Sweden as was cheaper ( they had a success after 3 here) good luck xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now