Talk

Advanced search

Down regulating

(12 Posts)
FFS45 Thu 20-Nov-14 23:48:26

Anyone DR at the moment? First time...do I need to do anything in particular? Feeling very tired all the time...

FFS45 Thu 20-Nov-14 23:51:14

On day 6 of super cur - down regulating. Anyone else out there experiencing tiredness?

Shoegal30 Fri 21-Nov-14 06:52:47

Morning FF. I am on day 5 this morning of Supercur too.

Not feeling too tired but I have been going to bed earlier than normal this week to overcompensate.

Have you done anything special diet wise?

FFS45 Fri 21-Nov-14 07:07:55

Thanks for responding! Have read that high protien is important and plenty of water ... Vitamin d supplement along with my multi vitamin and frolic of course!

I've just got my period! So I'll contact clinic for next steps...very crampy! Ouch!

Shoegal30 Fri 21-Nov-14 07:21:41

Yes I've read that too and have read about eating avocados http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2168494/Avocado-diet-triples-chance-success-couples-undergoing-IVF.html

When I have asked the nurses they have been very generic - healthy balanced diet etc.

Anyway from what I understand, that's great news about coming on your period. My nurse said that helps thin the lining of the womb so I'm just waiting for mine too.

My next scan is on 4th dec and all being well my womb lining should be thin enough that they can then move me on to menopur.

Is that similar to your next steps?

FFS45 Fri 21-Nov-14 12:39:34

My next steps are blood test for day 2 of period to see if down regulation is happening ...

If I'm not ready then I continue down regulating till I'm ready ...

I'll find out more tomorrow - cramping is quite bad though ! confused

Shoegal30 Fri 21-Nov-14 21:01:11

Are you on the short protocol? I'm on the long protocol hence the reason I've got to wait a couple of weeks until my scan.

FFS45 Sat 22-Nov-14 10:24:02

I'm on long protocol - they do bloods daily and scan every other day till you've down regulated .

Once your down regulated they ask you in daily whilst stimulation is going on for about 2 weeks

I've been told I need a hysteroscopy before eggs are put back in !

I'm here waiting for blood results !! Been told to drink 2 litres of water daily and 1 litre of milk daily

FFS45 Sun 23-Nov-14 01:23:52

Wasn't down regulated so have to spray every 6 hours rather than 8. Where are you based?

Shoegal30 Mon 24-Nov-14 07:13:40

Morning FF, hope you've had a good weekend.

For some reason my clinic isn't monitoring me whilst I'm down regging. I go in for a scan at the end of next week at which point I should hopefully be ready to start stimming.
I believe I will be having regular scans at this point.

I wonder why we have diff protocols. We are unexplained. Are you? Or do you think it's clinic procedure?
I'm not having any nasal sprays either which a friend of mine had but she was at a diff clinic too.

I am based in the West Midlands. What about you?

Shoegal30 Mon 24-Nov-14 07:14:04

Ps have you been told to drink milk whilst down regging too?

FFS45 Mon 24-Nov-14 08:33:22

Hi ... Feeing better now period is finished !

No you don't need to dring milk while down regulating just when stimulating that goes for the water too and protien.

I think the nasel spray is one method- what's your method for down regulating ?

I'm in London. Are you going through NHS or private ? Is this your first go at IVF ? It's my first go - I'm 44 years old . You ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now