Talk

Advanced search

Clomid

(11 Posts)
Ellejp300 Wed 29-Oct-14 17:39:21

Hi There I have POS, Ive just finished my first cycle of Clomid and am on day 32, I havnt had a period yet nor did the pregnancy test show positive. So presumably I did not ovulate. Does this mean that I will not ovulate at all on my next cycle of Clomid or does ovulation on Clomid vary from cycle to cycle.

Feeling pretty depressed and hopeless right now so any help or advice would be much appreciated

LAM1 Wed 29-Oct-14 22:21:09

Hi,

Are you not being monitored? I am having day 21 and 28 blood tests to check for ovulation. Then have to wait till day 42 to do a pregnancy test if AF hasn't arrived (just moved onto cycle 4, no AF yet) to check for late ovulation that they have missed.
I know others on here are having scans done during their cycle but that is not the policy in my area.
I am temping so I am pretty sure I will know the blood test results before I get them. So far no joy for me, no ovulation. I am feeling the same way so can't offer any positive stories myself but that said there are others on here who have been successful, some on cycle 1, others on cycle 6.
Wishing you lots of luck!!

Ellejp300 Thu 30-Oct-14 08:56:26

I did go for two blood tests on day 20 & 27, but when ringing up for the results it transpires that the the incorrect box was ticked and I wasnt tested for the right thing..... helpful! So no idea if I ovulated or not. Ive been told to ait until day 35 and if the test is still negative and no AF then I have to force a bleed.

I think what I really would like to know the answer to is if Clomid can make you Ovulate on one cycle and not on another?

LAM1 Thu 30-Oct-14 22:32:53

Oh no, how frustrating for you!!
Well much googling has revealed it can but I am yet to see any evidence of that myself. Have been reading a few threads tonight about it working on the 4th, 5th and 6th cycle!

tanyatanya Sun 02-Nov-14 21:56:36

Yes, and it might take a little while to get the dose right. But it worked for us. Lots of luck!

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 03-Nov-14 14:08:08

What dosage are you taking?.

You should be monitored whilst on clomid preferably with both blood tests and ultrasounds. It should be given with a degree of caution to PCOS patients as it can affect hormone levels markedly. It is usually given for a max of six months after which time other treatments are tried.

Clomid's main job is to make the ovaries work harder.

Call1985 Mon 03-Nov-14 19:12:26

Hi I am on Round 4 of Clomid. 1st and 2nd round I ovulated on 50mg, 3rd on 50mg I didn't ovulate and this round on 100mg I did ovulate with a progesterone level of 87.7. I'm on CD 23 of a 28 day cycle so only 5 days to wait, fingers crossed tho cycle!! I got a scan at CD12 on my first round to make sure it didn't overstimulate and produce too many follicles but now just have bloods taken on CD21 x

Foxbiscuitselection Mon 03-Nov-14 19:21:52

87 is a great score

The only monitoring I received was a day 21 progesterone test.

Each time we TTC I got pregnant and carried to full term on my 4th cycle. Results varied a lot from one cycle to the next but on trying for a second clomid baby, my results were continually below 30 and I knew I needed a higher dose of 100g rather them 50g of clomid.

Foxbiscuitselection Mon 03-Nov-14 19:24:20

You could see what scores you get next cycle then ask for a higher dose if too low

Call1985 Mon 03-Nov-14 19:53:00

Considering I have never ovulated on my own I'm pretty happy and Clomid does work!! I am really hoping this cycle works for us! Are you trying again/on Clomid now?

Paigesmummy89 Mon 09-Feb-15 10:15:51

Hi is anyone still taking clomid, I need help x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: