Talk

Advanced search

Number of eggs collected and number immature

(15 Posts)
naty1 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:31:24

Just had icsi EC 9 collected but only 4 mature ones.
How many immature ones did you have?
Does 5 sound like a lot?
Also they said they wont inject any later maturing ones (unless necessary) as they will be out of synch?

freelancescientist Tue 18-Feb-14 19:16:52

It does sound a lot but without seeing your chart it is difficult to comment. We expect one or two out of that number to not be useable for icsi.
We don't inject late maturing ones either. There is published evidence that they don't do well in terms of fertilisation or embryo development.

naty1 Tue 18-Feb-14 19:46:57

It was just from the perspective of only 2 of my 7(8) fertilised with icsi last time so i am desperate for all the eggs we can get to be attempted as i am now expecting only 1 or maybe 0 to be fertilised.
I feel i may have been triggered too soon - last time i stimmed for 2 more days. I can see maybe they were concerned about ohss as i had 23 follies altogether but i had suggested on sun i thought i could go another day.
They said there were 8 (but i understand they may not all have eggs in ) and i have pcos

I suppose it just depends how immature the other eggs are. If they mature by all 5 by the next day it could mean they were nearly there and needed another day

Thanks for your reply

SilverStars Fri 21-Feb-14 13:26:52

10 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilised. Cycle unsuccessful though.

Lauren83 Fri 21-Feb-14 14:39:12

4 eggs, 4 mature, 4 fertilised... 2 perfect ones out back but bled before test day x

eurochick Fri 21-Feb-14 14:44:02

That does sound like a high % immature and if this cycle were not to work out, I would have some hard questions for the clinic about why they decided to trigger when they did.

To encourage you though, I only had 4 eggs collected in total on my two mild stimulation cycles. On one cycle 2 fertilised and made it to day 3 transfer, but ended in chem preg. On my recent cycle, three fertilised but only one made it to day 3 transfer and at my 12 week scan last week it was still going!

Jellytots85 Fri 21-Feb-14 15:19:39

hi

I had 13 eggs 11 fertilised we had day 5 transfer 7 were still going we had one early blastocyst transferd but I miscarried they are now saying I have poor quality eggs due to cysts on ovaries. im so confused how we got to day 5 but they think I may be producing poor quality eggs my dr said 5 is a good number I think I produced more because of cysts.x

jerryfudd Fri 21-Feb-14 15:29:20

5 eggs, 3 fertilised, 2 put back - 2 stuck b/g twins

Jellytots85 Fri 21-Feb-14 16:34:07

Hi jerryfud

What day transfer did you have I'm going to ask for 2 embryos this time did you catch first cycle ? X

naty1 Fri 21-Feb-14 17:24:17

It doesnt sound poor quality to get so many and nearly all fertilise.
But maybe its becauae it was an early blast are they saying it should have been a blast. What grade were they going along were the others able to freeze?
As far as i know even with blasts its still 50/50 due to genetics they may not be normal to grow.
How old are you?

The chances of genetic probs gets higher as you get older. So they put more embies back

Do you have pcos?
We only had 2 left last time on day 3 and put back both and 1 stuck. (Out of 8 injected 2 fert)
I think blasts overcome some hurdles but not all it still needs to implant etc.
I wonder if lower no of eggs equals better quality? Or just more are better because usually some wont make it.

jerryfudd Fri 21-Feb-14 19:55:05

Jelly it was a couple of years back but I'm pretty sure (if memory correct) 4 days after collection. I was poor responder and went for collection with only 5 good size follies so did pretty well based on that. It was our first go. Never had any further treatment as had surprise natural pg when twins were 1!

Jellytots85 Fri 21-Feb-14 21:31:11

Ah that's lovely to hear jerryfudd. Thanks naty. I know I can't get my head round it all they didn't tell me what grade, mrs reddy said I had 3 even numbers at 8 all rest uneven does that make sense to anyone? Yes I do have pcos am 29 not over weight had my tubes removed last year which they thought was the problem, none were good enough to freeze , she did say a lower number but better quality is better it's like I produce some good eggs some bad the bad fight the good, I'm scared for next time now as didn't realise this were problem. Feel like I keep letting my partner down even though he would never make me feel like this I can't stop beating self up x

naty1 Fri 21-Feb-14 23:14:54

Its poss the quality is worse but i got pg 1st time with pcos.
10 eggs
8 icsi'd
2 fert
And 2 transferred day 3 (a/b and b/c)
1 baby
So not sure if pcos caused the low fert but it was higher this time, but more immature eggs
Are you on metformin to help egg quality?
I was on the lowest dose of menopur 150 alternating with 75 on long protocol.
Mc is common it isnt necessarily egg quality

Jellytots85 Sat 22-Feb-14 13:18:00

No not given me metformin so I just don't understand im on short protocol I guess I wont no until I have this second cycle and see what happens. Thanks for your help x

Onsera3 Mon 10-Mar-14 12:40:06

13 collected, 2 immature, 8 fertilised, 3 abnormally= 5 embryos at 3 days= 5 blastocysts at 5 days= 1 transfer resulting in a BFP (and healthy baby) and 1 frostie.

I was surprised by the low-ish collection I was 31 and had high antral follicle count. But was in lowest dose for stims due to OHSS risk. Was very worried about dwindling figures and got anxious about it while waiting for transfer day.

But as people said to me then- it's quality, not quantity. It only takes one x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now