Talk

Advanced search

Help needed

(7 Posts)
TheMrs04 Tue 14-May-13 12:44:13

I recently got married and in the same week I found out I have PCOS. I need tips on how to improve my chances on getting pregnant.i am over weight but over the last 2 years I have lost a total of 4.5 stones and in the last 7 years a total of 11 stones. (I was a BIG girl). We have been trying for over 2 years now with 2 miscarriages which have been heart breaking for us both. He has a child with his ex and it kills me when I see them together, I have now refused to go with him to see the child. ( child thinks I'm working). Any help or tips would be great.
Thank you in advance!! flowers

Roshbegosh Tue 14-May-13 22:19:07

How often do you menstruate?

TheMrs04 Tue 14-May-13 22:51:50

Every other month ATM.

Roshbegosh Tue 14-May-13 23:10:40

That means you ovulate every second month so your chances are not so bad. You know you can get pregnant as you have done before, twice, and your hard work losing weight will help everything to do with the pregnancy. I wish you all the best and really hope your next pregnancy goes to term.

TheMrs04 Wed 15-May-13 11:28:20

I apparently ovulate every month but with PCOS it's difficult to determine without blood tests and scans. Of which my doctors haven't done since my diagnosis. I'm still waiting to hear about my referral to a fertility clinic. It has been 2+ months.

Roshbegosh Wed 15-May-13 21:03:21

I just wonder if that is where you need to be as you have got pregnant twice (presumably without medical intervention?) but the problem has been continuing the pregnancy. Is there another referral that might be better for you? Having said that, doctors usually wait for 3 miscarriages before considering it abnormal. That would be early miscarriages though and if yours were later that would be different. I hope you get the help you need.

TheMrs04 Thu 16-May-13 04:01:17

they were what I class as early at 6 to 8 weeks. I am calling doctors in morning to chase up and see where I stand. we have decided we are fed up with the whole charting everything so we are gonna just see what happeneds and see what docs say. and thank you so much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now