Talk

Advanced search

GP has refused to send OH for semen analysis

(27 Posts)
babyiwantabump Tue 12-Mar-13 15:11:28

Bit of background .

I'm 28 (today) OH is 30 this year . Stopped using contraception in march 2011 . Officially trying for past year . We go to different GP practices.
I have a daughter aged 8 from a previous relationship . OH has a daughter aged 6 from a previous relationship.

So my GP has referred me for investigations and has told me to tell OH to go to his GP to ask for semen analysis .

OH went to his GP today and said no- because he has a previous child so obviously his sperm is ok so it must be me with the problem! ( this are his GP's exact words!!)

I am fuming- that is for one sexist and for two factually incorrect! Just because he has a 6 year old it doesn't prove there is nothing wrong with his sperm now!!

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to get a letter for OH's GP . I'm just really annoyed with this - we cannot get sperm analysis without a referral from his GP and I can't have further testing done until the results of the semen analysis are back!

Anyone else had problems with GP like this before?

We have a further appointment with OH's GP on Friday which I am going with him to - just let him be sexist then!!

babyiwantabump Fri 05-Apr-13 19:36:56

Well DH had his semen analysis two weeks ago and ........,I got my BFP yesterday!! Over the moon!!

DinoSnores Wed 17-Apr-13 11:51:44

Congratulations! Hope things go well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: