Advanced search

2 ectopic pregnancies and very confused!

(3 Posts)
Katty31 Wed 19-Sep-12 18:47:52

Thanks for your response, I have now reposted in the thread. Thank you for the link also x

nextphase Wed 19-Sep-12 18:34:38

Sorry to hear you've been through all the pain of and EP not once, but twice.

There is a thread about, maybe in miscarriage / pregnancy loss about support after an ectopic.

There is hope for viable pregnancy after ectopic, as proven by my 2 post EP miracles.

Also, are you aware that IVF carries an EP risk? See here for example. Tho I would imagine that rate is possibly lower than your current natural pregnancy risk, given your history. Don't want to shatter your dreams, just thought the information may be useful to help you fully evaluate your options.

Good luck on your journey, whatever route you follow.

Katty31 Wed 19-Sep-12 12:01:46

Hi there, I have posted this to ask you lovely ladies your wise advice and thoughts on what I am going through at the moment.

In January I had an ectopic on the right that was treated with metho.
In may a miscarriage very early.
In June a lap and dye which showed both tubes initially didn't let the dye flow but eventually did.
In September a ruptured ectopic in the right tube.

I am absolutely devastated and exhausted from all this but as I am sure most women do, I am looking forward to the future. I have decided that for the rest of 2012, I am going to rest, get back into a healthy eating and exercise routine. But I am thinking about what to do next.

1. I am absolutely petrified of having another ectopic on the left and losing the left tube also. Leaving my only option for conception IVF.
2. I am thinking about trying IVF (I am prepared to do this privately) before trying naturally, I know you may think this is strange but I thought if I could conceive using IVF for the first child. Then in a few years time I may be strong and brave enough to try naturally for a second child.

What are your thoughts on this? I have not discussed any of my thoughts with my consultant or had a consultation at a clinic yet. I have discussed with my husband and family who are all agreeing that they will support me in whatever decision.

I know time is a healer and in a couple of months I may feel different but at the moment I am so upset and frightened that I think I need to think so carefully about the next steps

Thanks for any input or advice


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now