Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone be our egg donor??

(14 Posts)
Trying2bmum Tue 04-Oct-11 17:38:59

Sadly my partner and I learned today that we would need to consider egg donation if we are to become parents. We are devastated, emotional and somewhat poorer after 4 failed ivf attempts without a pregnancy although we have been expecting this. We work with children everyday and this just makes it even more heartbreaking.
Would anyone consider egg donation? We live in London and are patients at Guy's Hospital.

LissieLovettsDeliciousPies Thu 06-Oct-11 14:47:43

the people using this section are also infertile, and would therefore be unlikely to be able to help. you may get a better response in the media/non-member requests section.
good luck.

highlove Thu 06-Oct-11 16:11:03

Hi there, so sorry to hear your dreadfully sad news.

Have you looked into egg sharing? It is expensive for the recipient so may not be feasible for you, but could be an option. The London Women's Clinic on Harley St offer it; I'm sure there are a few others that do too.

Very best of luck to you x

Pollykitten Fri 07-Oct-11 17:52:14

I don't know if this helps, but egg donation abroad (eastern Europe / Spain) is much easier than over here as well as being less expensive and tend to have a younger group of women donating their eggs. I have two friends who have gone down this route - the rules are different so there is a higher chance of twins/multiples than in the UK, so that is something to consider. I have offered my eggs to a friend in the past, but in the end she was too anxious about the effects on my fertility and therefore impact on our friendship etc. I wish you all the very best and do give yourself the time to feel sad, whilst knowing there are so many options out there for us girls now.

thisisyesterday Fri 07-Oct-11 17:54:57

trying, PM me. I am not 100% sure, but it's somethiing I've considered before. I would need to know a lot more about it though

highlove Sat 08-Oct-11 13:56:42

Saw an advert for this in today's paper and thought of you http://www.altrui.co.uk/

Hope you are doing ok x

DirtyDawg Wed 19-Oct-11 20:28:29

trying I'm currently someones egg donor and halfway through the process, I am open to helping others as long as I don't react with the stimulation drugs, if you are still interested PM me, I'm in Bournemouth but am willing to travel smile

Deflatedballoonbelly Wed 19-Oct-11 20:35:57

Im halfway through at the moment, funnily enough at Guys. feel free to PM me if Dirty Dawg cannot help. I am 35 mins from London smile

BUT do some research first, there are lots of companies. Altrui is a very good one. x

4madboys Wed 19-Oct-11 20:38:30

i am also about to be an egg donor with Altrui, get in touch with them they seem very good. smile

DirtyDawg Wed 19-Oct-11 20:44:13

maybe we should get our own thread, would love to chat to others about side effects and stuff smile

<sorry to hijack OP>

Deflatedballoonbelly Wed 19-Oct-11 20:45:10

I think we should! 4Mad, I didnt think you were going to! excellent! (J x x)

4madboys Wed 19-Oct-11 20:49:08

ah hello deflated, yes i am, should do the egg harvest in march hoping all goes well wiht blood tests etc, its taken a while to get it started as i wanted to wait till dd was a bit older and more able to be left etc smile

hows it going with you then?

DirtyDawg Wed 19-Oct-11 20:55:45

where do you think we should put our thread, is infertility a bit insensitive?

4madboys Wed 19-Oct-11 21:06:18

no i dont think its insensitive, i think it shows that there are some women out there who care enough to try and help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now