Talk

Advanced search

Is Jennifer Aniston entitled to throw pity parties for herself?

(134 Posts)
emkana Mon 08-Aug-05 21:11:20

According to Suzanne Moore this Sunday she should just get over it, because she's rich, young and good-looking and there are no children involved.
Quote "Being dumped for Angelina Jolie cannot be nice and could surely happen to anyone. But, Jesus, Jennifer Aniston talks about herself as though she has a terminal illness."

I think that's a very cruel and superficial way of looking at it. If Jennifer Aniston took her marriage vows seriously, why should she be over it and "moving on" only seven (? I think) months after the split?

Mytwopenceworth Mon 08-Aug-05 21:13:07

She loved and she was betrayed! She's entitled to be upset. Why should people assume she's got no feelings just cos she's famous?!!

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 21:13:18

Celebs are immune to these sorts of things.

Didn't you know?

emily05 Mon 08-Aug-05 21:13:36

I agree with you. Doesnt matter how long and who else is involved a break up is awful - let alone a marriage, and one that is so public as well.

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 21:15:05

Thats media scum for you.

They don't give a s* about what people go through, rich, famous or not.

alexsmum Mon 08-Aug-05 21:16:09

who is suzanne moore?

i feel for jennifer aniston. i really do. especially when you see how she is having her nose rubbed in his new life all the time.

i knew he was a git when he said he couldn't imagine being with someone for life- after he was married!

QueenOfQuotes Mon 08-Aug-05 21:17:47

Of course she' entitle to - she was married for the man for 4yrs - and only divorced in January - she's perfectly entitled to throw "pity parties" for herself.

emkana Mon 08-Aug-05 21:17:58

Suzanne Moore is a columnist in the Mail on Sunday (which, I hasten to add, I read at my in laws every week).

I normally agree on a lot of things with Suzanne Moore, but this is just rubbish.

alexsmum Mon 08-Aug-05 21:19:09

daily mail - there's the answer. mysoginistic crap.

weesaidie Mon 08-Aug-05 21:23:05

Of course she can feel sorry for herself, whether she is youn/old, rich/poor or famous or not has nowt to do with it!

I found it quite funny that they are selling Team Jen and Team Jolie T-shirts in America and Jen is out selling Jolie 25-1!

PeachyClair Mon 08-Aug-05 21:33:16

Surely the fact that she IS so upset by it all, shows her as a genuine human being and not some epmty Hollywood creation? Good on her for having loved her hubby enough to have hoped for better!

yingers74 Mon 08-Aug-05 21:49:19

I like her so feel for her. I think she believed in the marriage more than he did. Personally I think she should throw burn pitt parties!

saadia Mon 08-Aug-05 22:16:38

I feel sorry for her too, she is being so dignified and decent about the whole thing. There was an interview with her in Vanity Fair and I thought she sounded like she was quoting from therapy but she made a lot of sense and was very humble, I thought.

snafu Mon 08-Aug-05 22:21:47

I like JA a lot (well, as much as I can like a fabulously successful, beautiful and wealthy Hollywood star) - and I say let the girl wallow if she wants to. Fgs, what must it be like to see your husband and that awful Jolie woman canoodling and cooing over each other every time you open a paper?

So throw as many pity parties as you like, Jen - just invite me to the next one

monkeytrousers Mon 08-Aug-05 22:21:51

He seems to have quite a habit of screwing women up, don't you think? Didn't Guineth (sp??) go live on a desert island to get over him

Caligula Mon 08-Aug-05 22:27:06

Actually she's not so young. She's about 36 isn't she? Which if she ever wants to be a mother, is pretty serious. (Don't know if she does, media reports would have it that one of the reasons they split is because he wanted babies now and she didn't because of career, but I wouldn't believe any media reports about celebrities, tbh.)

Of course she's got the right to feel upset. And "pity parties" sounds a bit ironic to me.

monkeytrousers Mon 08-Aug-05 22:31:32

I seriously doubt that Angelina Jolie will have a child with him. She may adopt another one but she's far to dependent on her figure to get pregenant. That's just my sneeky suspition anyway..and I've had two drinks tonight so I'm drunk again!

cod Mon 08-Aug-05 22:33:01

Message withdrawn

monkeytrousers Mon 08-Aug-05 22:33:44

Hey Cali, you up for a Chazy?

snafu Mon 08-Aug-05 22:34:04

Isn't Suzanne Moore the one that The Blessed Germaine referred to as having 'bird's-nest hair and f**k-me shoes'?

cod Mon 08-Aug-05 22:34:58

Message withdrawn

monkeytrousers Mon 08-Aug-05 22:35:22

Cod <<splutter!>>

cod Mon 08-Aug-05 22:35:57

Message withdrawn

Caligula Mon 08-Aug-05 22:36:05

Monkey - gone over there now!

monkeytrousers Mon 08-Aug-05 22:36:26

Why do all the female writers in the Mail look like bad trannies??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now