Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cherie Blair an MP!!?

(19 Posts)
emily05 Mon 08-Aug-05 08:26:13

surely the woman with the worst sense of judgement isnt going into politics help!

yingers74 Mon 08-Aug-05 10:33:07

Noooooooooooo!

She is a funny one, on one hand she is incredibly intelligent, driven and capable but on the other a little unstable and as you say seems to have a poor sense of judgement esp when it comes to getting advice!

Given the choice between Mrs Clinton and Mrs Blair, I would go for the former.

moozoboozo Mon 08-Aug-05 10:34:15

Just goes to show what you can do if you have the right connections.

MarsLady Mon 08-Aug-05 10:38:02

PMSL!

Copycat!

Easy Mon 08-Aug-05 11:23:29

Of course Bill Clinton is such an astute man, with excellant judgement himself

emily05 Mon 08-Aug-05 11:44:06

I agree about Bill Clintons judgement!

monkeytrousers Mon 08-Aug-05 11:58:18

I think she'd be great. An intellegent, opinionated woman. Better than the indentikit's like Hazel Blears.

Janh Mon 08-Aug-05 12:01:01

The business about the Bristol flats, and being big buddies with Carole C, were certainly not well handled, but the press don't like her and I do wonder how accurate some of their reports are...I think she is clever and compassionate and would much rather her than someone like M Hodge, for instance.

monkeytrousers Mon 08-Aug-05 12:17:50

She'll get her media training as an MP, something she's obvioulsy not had being PM's wife.

TwinSetAndPearls Mon 08-Aug-05 19:05:43

Dont see a problem with it myself.

fsmail Tue 09-Aug-05 14:54:19

Rather Cherie than Tony any day of the week. Do you think they could swap if the going gets tough?

acnebride Tue 09-Aug-05 14:55:24

I think she'd be triffic, but I have a bit of a thing about her.

donnie Tue 09-Aug-05 15:57:45

I quite like her too, but she'd be mad....she earns far more than Mps do! apparently she is paranoid about money and not having enough of it, which is weird as the Blairs clearly have masses of the stuff!(cash, I mean)

paolosgirl Tue 09-Aug-05 16:04:29

God help us all....I thought we were finally seeing the back of a Blair in politics. So there is no light at the end of the tunnel then...

fsmail Thu 11-Aug-05 13:40:24

From what I have read. Cherie was not well off as a child although Tony was and some people who struggled as children with money may have problems as adults. Look at some of the millionaires who made loads they can be very tight. However, their kids who were born with it then seem to spend it very quickly. There is a saying for family-run business (although male orientated.) Father starts it, son builds it up, grandson squanders it. How will the little blairs do here.

Janh Thu 11-Aug-05 13:55:46

I thought that, fsmail - her dad was very much not a New Man and had several families - she and her sister and their mum struggled, didn't they? (She has several half-sisters whose families were presumably in the same boat).

Doesn't seem to stop her spending it now though

Blimey - he had EIGHT daughters altogether!!!

<<Cherie Blair is planning a private gathering to welcome into her family a halfsister whose existence was kept secret for 35 years.
The prime minister’s wife and the other six daughters of the actor Tony Booth are said to be “delighted” by the news that they have a half-sister living in Australia.

She is Lucy Thomas, 35, whose mother Ann Gannon had a brief relationship with Booth in the 1960s.

Until recently Booth had kept the fact from them. The secret came out when Thomas, who works for a Sydney-based television station and is married with one child, wrote to Mrs Blair earlier this year.

Yesterday she confirmed she was Mrs Blair’s half-sister. “We have spoken and I’d like to think that we’ve made some kind of connection. I’m very happy that I’ll be meeting her soon,” she said.

A friend of the family said Mrs Blair would arrange for Thomas to meet all Booth’s daughters. “Cherie is the matriarch of the family and she is always keen to bring them together,” said the friend.

Another of Mrs Blair’s half-sisters, the journalist Lauren Booth, said it was “very nice” to have a new family member.

Booth, who became famous as the son-in-law of Alf Garnett in the comedy series Till Death Us Do Part, was married four times. He had been expected to reveal the existence of Thomas in his rewritten autobiography, to be published later this year.

Blair, 47, is his oldest daughter and has one full sister. Booth left their mother Gale and had fathered two more daughters when he met Thomas’s mother, who was 23 and working in London.

By the time Thomas, then named Lucy Ann Gannon, was born, Booth had ended the relationship and was expecting another child with the model Pamela Smith.

Thomas said yesterday that she had always known Booth was her father. “I am excited and my son Peter can’t wait to meet them all,” she said.>>

Janh Thu 11-Aug-05 13:56:19

(That was from 2002 btw. Dunno if any more half-sisters have emerged blinking into the light since then.)

FairyMum Thu 11-Aug-05 13:58:26

I think she would be great, but I like Tony too. I think the media is giving her a hard time.

Cam Thu 11-Aug-05 14:01:45

This would be one of my nightmares

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now