Talk

Advanced search

Vatican in dispute with Israel

(13 Posts)
monkeytrousers Sat 30-Jul-05 10:10:30

here

If Israel were a friend of mine, I'd be telling them they needed some prozac, counselling and a long time to think things over..

assumedname Sat 30-Jul-05 10:14:08

...'it's not all bad for the English to find out what it's like'

She's obviously missed the IRA and the Blitz!

monkeytrousers Sat 30-Jul-05 10:20:38

How do you sympatise with people who will only allow you to do so if you relinquish all of your critical faculties? It's just am impossible position. Crazy!

Caligula Sat 30-Jul-05 10:58:32

Unbelievable. But strangely predictable.

piffle Sat 30-Jul-05 11:04:40

who's not in dispute with Israel?
America

saadia Sat 30-Jul-05 15:11:30

Typical

donnie Sat 30-Jul-05 15:17:37

well, that comment of Judy Sharon sums up, IMO, the whole Israeli attitude. They infuriate me!

monkeytrousers Sat 30-Jul-05 17:56:42

Imagine the reaction if someone was so openly conteptuous about Israel? Bet we can all recite the script.

monkeytrousers Sun 31-Jul-05 10:13:02

Has anyone heard of this forum before? Is it a far right group? littlegreenfootballs

It's utterly illogical and reactionary.

monkeytrousers Sun 31-Jul-05 10:19:43

Wikipedia calls it a 'hate site'. This was their take on that.."Since when is potraying the TRUTH about Islamonazoids "hate"?"

yingers74 Mon 01-Aug-05 23:19:35

Israel have been attacked/threatened for so long politically and militarily that I think they are as a country pretty reactionary and defensive.

However, the pope and the catholic church are in no position to take the higher ground. They failed to condemn hitler and his atrocities against jews, the disabled and gypsies, as well as the various dictators that caused havoc in south america.

Chandra Mon 01-Aug-05 23:38:56

In a 1,300-word communique, the Vatican said: "It has not always been possible to follow every attack against Israel with a public declaration of condemnation."

It said one reason for this was that "the attacks on Israel were sometimes followed by immediate Israeli reactions not always compatible with the norms of international law ... It would thus be impossible to condemn the [terrorist operations] and pass over the [Israeli retaliation] in silence".

I wouldn't get into detail about it, but I really like the second paragraph...

monkeytrousers Tue 02-Aug-05 09:54:39

Following that argument Vingers no one would be able to contribute to a debate.

And I'm not sure but haven't the Catholic church apoligised for their conduct during the occupations though?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: