Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sharm el Sheikh - Bombings

(14 Posts)
ChaCha Sat 23-Jul-05 17:08:42

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4709491.stmSharm el Sheikh bombings

Majority of the dead - Egyptians! That means majority were Muslims! They don't care who they kill, they have no respect for life. I am soooo upset - NOT in the name of Islam!!!!!

It is the duty of each Muslim to realize that they are an ambassador for their faith. The basis of Islamic Law is on promoting the good and preventing the wrong. I will NOT sit back and let the world think that this is Islam....I am so angry right now!!

ChaCha Sat 23-Jul-05 17:09:31

I am awful at these links...
trying again

here

monkeytrousers Sat 23-Jul-05 17:12:11

Seems that they're getting globally motivated. Has anyone claimed responsibilty or is that a bit academic these days?

monkeytrousers Sat 23-Jul-05 17:24:27

Just had a chance to read this all properly. Posted quickly without reading you post ChaCha, sorry.

Do you think it would help if the media stopped naming it 'Islamic' terror? It seems a bit irresponsible to me, when some people need only the slightest excuse to 'blame' Muslims and Islam as a whole. Perhaps we should petition the BBC?

Nemo1977 Sat 23-Jul-05 17:28:27

we stayed in the movenpick hotel on the second week of our honeymoon 4 yrs ago What is the world coming to

ChaCha Sat 23-Jul-05 17:49:03

Monkeytrousers - not sure what to think anymore
I do think that it would help. On one hand they say 'we know it's nothing to do with mainstream Islam..blah blah' but then on the other 'Islamic Terror' is what it's being classed as.
So many of us coverted to Islam/practised Islam because of the message of peace amongst other things...this is not the Islam that i want to be represented by...It's just not fair. But how many people really know that?

Nemo - Sharm el Sheikh is a beautiful resort, the Movenpick in particular is just lovely. It's a disgrace..it's all the Egyptian economy needs right now too!

monkeytrousers Sat 23-Jul-05 18:09:57

I think it would be good if they made a stand. If the BBC did it the rest would follow and it would send a message to everyone that we're all on the same side. And send a message to the terrorists that they're not calling the shots when it comes to spin.

monkeytrousers Sat 23-Jul-05 18:10:52

I'll start another thread on it and see what the response is. It can't hurt can it? x

ChaCha Sat 23-Jul-05 18:24:00

Monkeytrousers - just wish there were more ppl like you in the world!

Peace

nutcracker Sat 23-Jul-05 18:33:35

My aunt and uncle are in Eygpt right now on holiday.

ChaCha Sat 23-Jul-05 18:37:52

Do you know where they are staying Nutcracker? I could easily find out if they're okay...Let me know. We can be of help.

nutcracker Sat 23-Jul-05 18:39:08

I'm not sure at the mo Chacha. I have rung my dad and he is trying to get hold of my cousin to ask her if she has heard anything from them.

nutcracker Sat 23-Jul-05 18:39:34

Thankyou very much for the offer though.

If I find out where they are staying, i'll let you know.

monkeytrousers Sat 23-Jul-05 20:05:41

here ChaCha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now