Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

going abroad in light of recent events.....

(11 Posts)
noddyholder Sat 23-Jul-05 09:07:12

After the London bombs followed by Turkey and now Egypt do any of you feel nervous about holidaying abroad?I must admit i hadn't thought about it until today when dp mentioned it.We are off to greece in 2 weeks and I am really looking forward to it but dp's comments made me think a bit.I really don't want ds to be scared so think I will try and keep sky news off when he is around

BareFootAngel Sat 23-Jul-05 09:34:45

oh ...i had a weird dream last night terrorists took over the airport [am going to oz in a few weeks] i made out i was a famoue tv personality and told them to let all the children out at least,as i was worth more to them ,,and all the tv channels worked out what i was doing and played along ,,dont know how it ended i woke up ,,,,bu tyes it is a worry that is the whole point in terrorissam isnt it to stop us doing things..

saffy202 Sat 23-Jul-05 09:40:44

We're off to Turkey in 3 weeks - just don't know what to think about it all We live in the North so in a way we are distanced from it all but then we see all these harrowing sights on the TV - I can't see an end to it all and that's my main worry.

Lonelymum Sat 23-Jul-05 09:49:08

Oh please don't let me think there is a problem with going abroad. Dh has just left for a week's business trip to China and I am already wondering if Al Quaeda have anything against the Chinese? Is China itself stable? Sorry, probably daft questions, but I am a nervous wreck here.

noddyholder Sat 23-Jul-05 10:36:42

Sorry I didn't post to cause worry!I am feeling the same now about greece but am trying to be philosophical(v difficult)

NotQuiteCockney Sat 23-Jul-05 11:29:13

I'm very happy to be going away to Canada for 3.5 weeks, in a week, and really hoping it will all blow over by the time I'm back. Unrealistic of me, I'm sure.

CountessDracula Sat 23-Jul-05 11:37:05

we were meant to be going to Turkey but had not paid for the holiday yet so we have decided to go to Greece instead. TBH it was a toss-up between the two when we were choosing so is not a problem. We are not worried about getting blown up, more that want a break from all this nervyness and looking over our shoulders that is London at the moment. We both travel into the City every day and I would rather have a holiday that was where I didn't have to feel paranoid.

I do feel v mean to the turks, but we have been there before and will go again, it is more that the PKK have stated they are targeting the tourist resorts until 3 October and we are going in Sept.

noddyholder Sat 23-Jul-05 11:42:05

Thanks CD we will definitely go as I haven't been able to travel for a while for health reasons and have splashed out on this holiday as a treat!my ds saw holiday resort on the news and I could tell he was worried but I haven't spoken to him about it Don't know anything about the PKK but I am assuming they are based in and operating within Turkey This is all awful

CountessDracula Sat 23-Jul-05 11:44:42

Yes noddyholder they are the Kurdish separatists

alibubbles Sat 23-Jul-05 11:45:44

Message withdrawn

CountessDracula Sat 23-Jul-05 11:46:50

sorry "that" shouldn't have been there in that last line!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now