Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

mayor of london, I wonder if he regrets it...............

(3 Posts)
yingers74 Fri 15-Jul-05 18:14:28

Over the last week I have been moved by the words of both our PM and our London Mayor. But was reading in The Times today about religious extremists who have been banned from the US. One was Yusuf al-Quradawi who amongst other beliefs backs suicide bombers and believes they are martrys. Yet this was a man the mayor invited to london.

Am probably being a bit unfair on Ken but I wonder why he ever thought inviting this man to share a platform with him and giving him publicity and even legitimacy was a good idea. Am wondering what others think?

HappyHuggy Fri 15-Jul-05 18:56:24

bump

TwoIfBySea Fri 15-Jul-05 22:16:12

I would imagine so, I am all for freedom of speech but not when that speech is about hatred of others. Suicide bombers show a lack of any humanity and by supporting them people show a lack of any compassion to the victims future, present and past.

What can be accomplished by allowing these people a stage to vent their poison? I can sort of understand why in Palistine there are suicide bombers, the act of hopeless desperation brought about by circumstances, but to encourage such things by saying they are martyrs is sheer irresponsible madness. Forget all this talk of terrorists, suicide bombers etc. It is murder plain and simple.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now