loader

Talk

Advanced search

First suspects arrested

(34 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Tue 12-Jul-05 19:04:02

Message withdrawn

Moomin Tue 12-Jul-05 19:06:57

according to the bbc, the bomber who died in the bus bombing was reported missing by his family who, presumably, had no idea what he was going to London for. A neighbour they just interviewed said they are a well-known and upstanding family with several businesses in the area.

Hulababy Tue 12-Jul-05 19:13:56

I though the bomber who died was from the Tube?

At least it looks like the police and security sources may be getting somewhere.

Janh Tue 12-Jul-05 19:16:55

They think they all died and that they were suicide bombers. They all travelled to London by train on Thursday morning and possessions of theirs have been found.

BBC

edam Tue 12-Jul-05 19:52:18

According to the media reports, which were taken from a police press conference, they got on a Thameslink train at Luton. Dh joined that train further down the line. OMG. And if I hadn't jacked in my job just two months ago I would have been on it too... OMG OMG. I think the police were saying they wanted to interview everyone on the train - so that's going to be dh, then.

Horridly close to home - if the bombs had gone off early, if I hadn't left my job, ds would be an orphan... I already feel desperately sorry for all the victims and their families but this makes it scarily close to me and mine. Very shaken.

mandyc66 Tue 12-Jul-05 20:14:46

nothing to add really. it is a scary thought.But we can not live on what ifs or we would all be nervous wrecks! Give your baby an extra cuddle and thank God then try to move on. I am a big believer thet when its your time you have no say!
How are you Yorkie girl?

mandyc66 Tue 12-Jul-05 20:14:48

nothing to add really. it is a scary thought.But we can not live on what ifs or we would all be nervous wrecks! Give your baby an extra cuddle and thank God then try to move on. I am a big believer thet when its your time you have no say!
How are you Yorkie girl?

mandyc66 Tue 12-Jul-05 20:15:11

ooops pc turned to jelly!!!

Yorkiegirl Tue 12-Jul-05 20:15:56

Message withdrawn

mandyc66 Tue 12-Jul-05 20:17:57

selfish..but i am thinking if they are living this close,we are safe!!!

edam Tue 12-Jul-05 20:37:30

don't understand your last post, mandy?

nikcola Tue 12-Jul-05 20:38:30

i live near luton and im scared to go into luton now dp is pakistani and is worried about people saying things to him

edam Tue 12-Jul-05 21:00:42

know how you feel about Luton Nikcola, we are within five miles of it. But for them to be on the same train as dh... am very, very shaken.

Springchicken Tue 12-Jul-05 21:06:01

Edam, that must be horrible to think that.

I live in Luton and it is horrible to think that these awful people had anything to do with our town.
I know it makes no difference where they came from or went to but to think there is a link to the place you live is not a very nice thought.

mandyc66 Tue 12-Jul-05 21:28:22

i am in leeds

edam Tue 12-Jul-05 21:33:53

do you mean they wouldn't bomb their own backyard, Mandy? What's worrying me is that the explosive could have detonated prematurely - they obviously didn't want to bomb dh's train, they wanted to get to London and bomb there, but they were carrying the bombs on it FFS, that's what terrifies me.

mandyc66 Tue 12-Jul-05 21:39:24

that is what i mean and as I said it is a selfish and maybe nieve (spelling!!) view! I think we need to try and keep it in perspective. Of course thats easy for me as I wasnt near london and I knew my family was safe!

soapbox Tue 12-Jul-05 21:43:45

How horrible to be the family who reported their son missing and now to find out that he was a suicide bomber. Heartbreaking

mandyc66 Tue 12-Jul-05 21:44:55

I know when does a mothers love stop being unconditional?

Janh Wed 13-Jul-05 00:49:11

Oh dear - they definitely were all British

The implications are depressing.

ScummyMummy Wed 13-Jul-05 01:10:40

really sad about this

Chandra Wed 13-Jul-05 01:28:55

From the last link, I found the following very interesting: "they fear that reaction [lashing back at the Muslim comunity] may, in turn, create deeper divisions in society - and create more opportunities for those seeking to radicalise the young. "

ks Wed 13-Jul-05 08:51:11

Message withdrawn

Janh Wed 13-Jul-05 10:21:02

"He is sound as a pound"

There are Asian boys like this everywhere

dillydally Wed 13-Jul-05 11:00:34

I live in east london and my flat is directly above the hammersmith and city line tube (bombed at aldgate) - four stops away from me.
What i find odd is that aldgate east / whitechapel area is home to a significant muslim population, nearby large mosque, significant Bangladeshi population. Why they selected this area I have no idea.
I had always assumed that living in this area if I was to be the victim of an attack it would be anti ethnic (Brick lane nail bomber etc) How wrong was I? It was anti everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now