Talk

Advanced search

So who lives in St Mellons then

(14 Posts)
DuelingFanjo Thu 28-Jan-10 10:13:44

don't wear your PJs for shopping say tesco.

Funny! I have friends who live there grin

hobnobsaremyfave Thu 28-Jan-10 14:56:32

If Asda in Pentwyn put a sign like this up I think it would shut down within the week DF wink

mejon Thu 28-Jan-10 16:14:47

Ha-ha-ha! Even before I'd read where the store was I just KNEW it had to be the St Mellons store. I used to live in the village (they like to call it 'Old St Mellons' don't you know) and would see people in their pjs all the time. I was thinking the same about Asda too hobnobs - DH used to work there and said it wasn't unusual to see whole families out doing a late-night shop - all in their pyjamas! Classy grin.

Ripeberry Thu 28-Jan-10 17:40:09

St Mellons overtook Ely in the 'dump' ratings years ago grin

Ripeberry Thu 28-Jan-10 17:43:16

I used to live years ago in Pentrebane by the big 'mushroom' watertower. Now that used to be a scary place, even taxi drivers and buses did not go there some weeks shock
But no-one wore pyjamas, only shorts and string vests grin.

Chil1234 Thu 28-Jan-10 17:46:28

They're not clever there, are they? The silly cow interviewed on the BBC website had no idea the reporter was taking the piss.

PipinJo Thu 28-Jan-10 18:31:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PipinJo Thu 28-Jan-10 18:37:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

timelordvictorious Thu 28-Jan-10 18:47:27

Mekong, that made me laugh! My nan always used to tell people, in her best fake posh voice, that she lived in Old St Mellons, lest someone should mistake her for a chav.

Bless her. I can just imagine her face now, telling me it's a good thing they're stopping that ridiculous practice.

hobnobsaremyfave Thu 28-Jan-10 20:06:21

I'm up for a pyjama visit to Tesco just to see if they really would throw us out!

NonVinaigretteRien Sat 30-Jan-10 14:14:30

I absolutely love "you do wear your best pyjamas into the shop, obviously, so you looks tidy"

grin

TheRomanceOfItAll Sat 30-Jan-10 14:59:34

A bit unfair to ban these chavs though really? I feel a bit sorry for her. She just wanted her tabs!

vickyxox Tue 07-May-13 11:27:50

Hi, im new here and saw this topic smile

my question is... is St Mellons not a nice/good area to live in ?

I live in London and thinking of doing a house swap with a family in Heol Maes Erwig, St Mellons.

Have been to see their house twice, at the time of visiting the road/estate was quiet!!

Would I be doing the wrong thing moving to that area lol

xx

kllews26 Sat 11-May-13 23:24:36

Yes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now