Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Idiots on BB?

(20 Posts)
monkeytrousers Tue 28-Jun-05 09:52:21

I caught my first slice of BB this morning and was gobsmacked at how utterly stupid this lot were.

On this evidence I'd say that all schools are failing!

monkeytrousers Wed 29-Jun-05 10:20:45

I see nobody agree's with me then..

LIZS Wed 29-Jun-05 10:23:42

I can't be bothered with it at all. They all struck me as a lot of attention seeking typecasts who had been deliberately selected for "entertainment value" but were probably too thick to see it.

WigWamBam Wed 29-Jun-05 10:24:10

I saw a couple of minutes the other night and thought exactly the same thing. There doesn't seem to be an over-abundance of brain cells, does there!

monkeytrousers Thu 30-Jun-05 08:03:32

I was like..!

(that's my saskia impression)

noddyholder Thu 30-Jun-05 08:21:19

you are right they are all so thick it is embarressing if this represents today's youth I can't watch it anymore as they are all just wannabes looking for a job on cable tv!

fsmail Fri 01-Jul-05 23:49:59

Why is there nobody on this site that will admit to doing things like eating sweets and watching BB. Is all not PC enough or is it just me. I watched it tonight and loved every minute of it!

isthatyouagain Fri 01-Jul-05 23:59:24

Message withdrawn

polly28 Sat 02-Jul-05 00:03:33

I love bb,I know that means I am a sad ignorant cow but hey atleast I admit it.Mu dp always slates it ,but still sits and waits to see who is evicted

SenoraPostrophe Sat 02-Jul-05 00:05:50

<ppphhhfff>

stupid people on big brother is news?

they do seem to have a larger than normal proportion of silly names this year though. maxwell? science? I haven't watched it, but all the names sound silly.

SenoraPostrophe Sat 02-Jul-05 00:07:16

fsmail - i don't "admit" to watching bb because I don't watch it. pc is nothing to do with it.

kama Sat 02-Jul-05 00:20:59

Message withdrawn

monkeytrousers Sat 02-Jul-05 07:22:02

Ohhh, very philosophical Kama. You have a point but I think it's wasted on these lot.

Fsmail, I eat sweets! Lots of them! And Germaine Greer thought BB was interesting enough to go on it. At the risk of sounding like a total knob though, it was only interesting for me then when she was there. People with brains, experience and something to talk about and clash about - ohhh drama! ..Well, it had alot of promise anyway

Kaz33 Sat 02-Jul-05 08:32:01

Total trash but compelling viewing - there are some brains cells, though admittedly not many.

I find it fascinating watching the social dynamics and how the groups change and the power switches over the weeks. But also love the rows and totally trashy behaviour, also it is has poignant moments like Saskia looks after her fumbles with Maxwell, she looks disappointed and sad.

beetroot Sat 02-Jul-05 08:39:04

Message withdrawn

ggglimpopo Sat 02-Jul-05 09:04:14

Message withdrawn

beetroot Sat 02-Jul-05 09:08:50

Message withdrawn

Alannah Sat 02-Jul-05 09:12:27

I think that this year the producers specifically chose unsympathetic characters to make it more interesting - and it's worked, it's far more compelling viewing when you are able to unapolagetically dislike most of the contestants

monkeytrousers Sat 02-Jul-05 16:27:37

But these people think doors are opening for them - they're just slamming shut...?

lucy5 Sat 02-Jul-05 16:33:48

I have always loved bb and had the mickey taken out of me for years. yet this year I cant get into it, I dont mind if I miss it, this has never happened in previous years. Ive only watched 2 evictions this year, in previous years this would have been heard of. Still watching hoping to get addicted again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now