Talk

Advanced search

This is why I believe we take 'stranger danger' TOO far......

(7 Posts)
QueenOfQuotes Thu 23-Jun-05 16:34:13

at times. Obviously we should teach our children about the dangers that stranger 'could' pose to them but to teach them to this extent seems a little OTT IMO.

I have no idea how 'hot' it is in Utah at this time of year - but if you ask me that boy is lucky to be alive!

Kelly1978 Thu 23-Jun-05 16:40:56

link isnt workign for me

QueenOfQuotes Thu 23-Jun-05 16:41:43

typical - BBC seems to be on a 'go slow' at the moment - I can't get the main BBC page up either.

gothicmama Thu 23-Jun-05 16:44:26

basicall boy scout evaded rescuers for four days because of what his parents told him about strangers

QueenOfQuotes Thu 23-Jun-05 16:48:49

appears to be working again now.

Kelly1978 Thu 23-Jun-05 16:54:05

aww poor kid. I can remember on a club outing where I got left behind at the venue trying to weigh up whether it was more important not to talk to strangers or go and tell someone my name and adress. I think I was about 7.
I'm never quite sure what to teach my kids. I don't want them to be scared of every stranger, but I don't want them going off with someone neither.

GeorginaA Thu 23-Jun-05 17:03:48

I give tailored information to ds1 depending on venue. If we're going out to a shopping centre then I drill into him that best person to speak to is a policeman or woman, otherwise someone in a shop who is in uniform and behind a till, failing that a mum with a pushchair. Not ideal, but at least then gives him a chance of working out who the "safer" adults are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now