Talk

Advanced search

MP's being moved into 1 bed flats in dodgier areas of London

(9 Posts)
SerenityNowAKABleh Wed 04-Nov-09 15:30:36

Here. In a way, I think this is a good thing, as maybe pushing them into dodgier areas, outside their comfort zones, may make them have to face up to the realities that other people live. I think Boris should also be moved somewhere "characterful", like Peckham, and put on the minimum wage so he can know how BLOODY ANNOYING it is that he's raising transport costs.

sarah293 Wed 04-Nov-09 15:36:26

Message withdrawn

claricebeansmum Wed 04-Nov-09 15:37:34

They should all live in Croydon grin

SerenityNowAKABleh Wed 04-Nov-09 15:46:01

Oh wait, Boris has actually been useful.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 04-Nov-09 15:55:06

Good old Boris.

Good idea for the MPs too. My DH's suggestion was that they should have something like student halls of residence, but cheap flats is better.

PfftTheMagicDragon Wed 04-Nov-09 16:03:52

I think that they should have hotel-like buildings available for them to stay in when they are visiting london, anyone who can commute should. rooms and bathrooms. I think government should buy one and keep it up, for the purpose of MP's staying there. free to stay.

moondog Wed 04-Nov-09 22:12:09

Yes, in Bangladesh (where dh works) they have halls of resisdence by H of P. Excellent idea.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 05-Nov-09 10:19:22

Having them all in one big residence would increase their insulation from the real world - that's my reason for thinking flats are better. Might be a good plan to have some sort of hostel available as an alternative though.

verytiredmummy Mon 09-Nov-09 13:29:11

Am chuckling at the idea of Battersea being considered a "cheaper area". Wish I could afford to slum it in Battersea instead of out in the wilds of zone five.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now