Talk

Advanced search

5 British soldiers have been killed by Afghan police.

(14 Posts)
Fabster Wed 04-Nov-09 10:54:35

Here

I have felt for a long time that the Afghan's say they want us there so they can kill British forces for daring to interfere and also that we shouldn't be there at all tbh.

This proves to me that things will never change.

How many more men and women have to die?

dilemma456 Wed 04-Nov-09 11:55:08

Message withdrawn

Fabster Wed 04-Nov-09 12:34:41

I remember a headline years ago saying 3 years in Afghanistan without a shot being fired or a life lost - not sure which - and look where we are now. The very people we are trying to help are killing our soldiers.

ledodgyfireworksingedmyeyebrow Wed 04-Nov-09 12:40:42

My next door neighbour is in Afghanistan, he has 3 little girls under six, one just 2 months old. My heart sinks everytime I hear of another death. sad

ledodgyfireworksingedmyeyebrow Wed 04-Nov-09 18:23:18

I found out not long after I posted here that my neighbour lost his leg at the end of last week. sad

Monkeytrousers Wed 04-Nov-09 18:51:03

They weren't killed by Afghans. Or to be more accurate it's unlikley, as most al-q insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq are neither Afghans or Iraqis.

Fabster Thu 05-Nov-09 08:10:57

Disagreeing with the BBC then, Monkey?

TheDullWitch Thu 05-Nov-09 14:36:53

Time to end this unwinnable war.

Fabster Thu 05-Nov-09 20:01:05

One of the men has left a widow and an unborn son. sadsad I was in tears when I heard that and can't understand why the Government doesn't just bring out service personnel home. There are other countries there if they do need support.

Gordon Brown would have most of the country behind him if he just brought them home.

noddyholder Fri 06-Nov-09 15:04:23

There is a real feeling of impending doom in the news atm wrt to the middle east and rlations around the world.The shooting of the 5 Uk soldiers and the massacre at the barracks in the US plus today the taliban have said they have the bodies of the 2 missing NATO soldiers.It seems like a losing battle and a case of what next?very scary sad

Monkeytrousers Fri 06-Nov-09 20:08:34

oh, quite regularly Flabster grin. The BBC aint what it used to be - if it was ever!

What do you mean 'unwinnable war' though TW? If we give up in Afghanishan, it will come to our doorsteps. Do you honestly believe this has no bearing on domestic issues? Or that because it's far away, if we leave Iraq and Afghanistan will will also go away (at keast for us in the West?)

Fabster Sat 07-Nov-09 17:08:57

Flabster?? sad

Monkeytrousers Sun 08-Nov-09 09:23:41

sorry, fabster. Don't take it personally please! Ihaven't a clue what you look like! grin

Fabster Sun 08-Nov-09 15:44:16

Thank God for that!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now