Talk

Advanced search

The Myth of Racist Kids

(5 Posts)
mumoid Thu 29-Oct-09 22:52:12

I'm new to this and may have missed a thread but has anyone heard of this report or read it? There are 40,000 incidents of racism by children in primary education logged yearly. It struck a chord with me as a friend's 9 yr old has been recently branded a racist following a comment made at school. She is mortified and I know it is not something DS would have picked up at home. Am not even sure the comment was racist so a child would be even less sure presumably. Would be interested to hear what you think

Poohbearsmom Fri 30-Oct-09 01:35:32

What was said?? It really is awful, 40,000!! I wonder how much is really horrible racist stuff and how much is the usual horrible kids bn rotten to each other stuff??

jackstarbright Fri 30-Oct-09 08:36:39

I think this was discussed on radio 4 yesterday on the World at one. You cld try iplayer.

ProfessorLaytonIsMyZombieSlave Fri 30-Oct-09 08:42:22

IIRC the rule in schools is that if someone feels that a comment is racist then it must be officially logged as such, whatever the intent behind it

jackstarbright Fri 30-Oct-09 08:50:00

Sorry it was PM on radio 4. Jack

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now