Advanced search

student brand themsleves

(9 Posts)
sarah293 Wed 28-Oct-09 09:22:21

Message withdrawn

waitingforgodot Wed 28-Oct-09 12:22:53

what a bunch of idiots

AMumInScotland Wed 28-Oct-09 13:00:23

I saw that last night - and despaired of the current "get lots of youngsters to University" campaign, if this is the standard of intelligence they can manage to apply to issues...

Hey, this is something used to make permanent marks on cow-hide (ie leather), I wonder what it will do to soft human skin? Duh!

Lilymaid Wed 28-Oct-09 13:16:19

When I was at the same university I remember we made a poker work name plate on wood for our house - but we weren't stupid enough even when drunk to go into self harming.
Decline of universities ... let far too many in nowadays ... everyone gets As ... (Lil mutters away ad nauseam)

GladysFox Wed 28-Oct-09 13:18:48

I'm sure I did stoopid things at university - no way as crazy as that though.

I remember people at my school used to give themselves homemade "tattoos" with the pointy end of a compass.

Some really clever people do really stupid things though. It's immaturity or lack of common sense IMO, not lack of intelligence.

edam Thu 29-Oct-09 15:20:09

I did daft things at university too - but would have balked at this. Guess the silly sods have learnt a painful lesson.

PoisonToadstool Thu 29-Oct-09 15:21:30

Ouch. Bloody idiots!

southeastastra Thu 29-Oct-09 15:23:10

what a fantastically snobtastic post muminscotland

RustyBat Thu 29-Oct-09 15:27:05

DD is at Exeter & these people are housemates of a friend of hers - she says it's been massively blown out of proportion. She said it was 'stupid, but not national news stupid'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now